Last Updated: 29th September 2016
Who doesn’t love a good smoothie? It’s the perfect way to start the day out right–adding all the minerals, vitamins, fiber, protein, and healthy fats you need to have a healthy day.
Smoothies come in all shapes and sizes! From the more delicious smoothies (think chocolate/Nutella-heavy peanut butter smoothies) to the highly nutritious (green smoothies made with more veggies than fruit), you can find something to satisfy every appetite and desire.
But do you know how to build the “perfect” fruit and veggie smoothie? Sure, you can throw everything into a blender and hit “Puree”, but is that the way to go?
If you’re trying to add more healthy veggie and fruit smoothies to your diet, it’s time to master the art of “the perfect smoothie.”
On this page, you’ll learn how to build your smoothie from scratch, choosing the right ingredients for your delicious drink.
Plus, we’ll have a few healthy fruit and veggie smoothie recipes for weight loss, improved nutrition, and better overall health. By the end of this page, you’ll be ready to go on a fruit and veggie smoothie diet! Check out smoothie shelf life here.
How To Build The Perfect Smoothie
Want to know how to create your perfect healthy veggie and fruit smoothies? It all comes down to the ingredients you use:
We’re talking about the liquid you use as the base of the smoothie:
- Water is low in calories but has no flavor. You’ll need stronger-flavored ingredients to make a water-based smoothie delicious.
- Juice has more sugar but adds good flavor, making it ideal for veggie-heavy smoothies.
- Yogurt and milk don’t blend too well with most veggies, but you’ll love them in fruit-based smoothies.
- Coconut milk, coconut water, and almond milk are all good with fruit though you’ll have to be careful which veggies you mix in.
The Main Flavor
Once you have the base, you have to choose the fruits that will give your smoothie the primary flavor. A few fruits with strong flavor include:
Apples, pears, and grapes all have milder flavors.
The Healthy Factor
Of course, to make truly healthy veggie and fruit smoothies, you need to “bring the green”. That means adding veggies like:
- Cactus leaf
But remember, all of these vegetables have their flavors. Some (like kale and broccoli) have a very strong green flavor while others (like celery and cucumber) have milder flavors.
Choose the veggies that match with the fruits and liquid you are adding into your smoothie!
Our 8 Favorite Fruit And Veggie Smoothie Recipes
So, now you know how to build your AWESOME smoothie, so it’s time to look at a few of our favorite fruit and veggie smoothie recipes.
Try them for yourself, or add new ingredients as you see fit. It’s a great way to get more nutrients in your diet, drink more liquid, and cut back on calories!
This is a wonderful smoothie to make on those days when you’re feeling a bit “under the weather.”
The mixture of ingredients will be just what you need to get you back on your feet!
Image Source: CampMakery
- Apple (great for flavor, plus provides vitamins and immune-boosting pectin)
- Ginger (packs a wallop when it comes to dealing with infections, sore throats, and colds)
- Kale (rich in iron and GREAT for boost your immune system)
- Avocado (provides healthy fats that keep your body fighting off bacteria and viruses)
- Water (low in calories–perfect for your diet!)
Run half your apple through the juicer, along with a knuckle-sized piece of ginger.
Drop the other half of the apple, the kale, and the avocado in the blender with the water and apple-ginger juice. Don’t forget the ice.
Blend, and enjoy!
The Green Paradise
If you have a hard time eating green veggies, this is the smoothie for you. It’s loaded with a wide variety of dark, leafy greens, but made with a strong-flavored base (orange juice) to help combat an overwhelming “green” flavor.
It’s a whole meal’s worth of veggies packed into one delightful-tasting cup of green juice!
Image Source: Follow Pics
- Orange juice (a great source of Vitamin C and beta carotenes–delicious flavor)
- Kale/spinach/chard (packed with circulation-boosting iron and folic acid)
- Broccoli (a great source of calcium and dietary fiber)
- Celery (packed with healthy fiber, great for suppressing hunger)
You’ll want no more than a handful of dark, leafy greens (chard, kale, or spinach) in this smoothie.
Drop in a few florets of broccoli, a single celery stick, and 1 ½ cups of orange juice. Add ice and blend well!
Note: If you want to cut back on the “fiber-y-ness” of the drink, run the celery and broccoli through the juicer before adding it into your drink.
This is for those who have been good all week long and want to reward themselves with something tasty!
It’s not the most diet-friendly smoothie, but who cares? After days or weeks of strict eating, this is a little treat to help motivate you to keep up with your fruit and veggie smoothie diet.
Image Source: Bryan Di Santo
- Coconut milk (richer and creamier than coconut water, it’s packed with healthy fats)
- Pineapple (loaded with digestive enzymes, immune-boosting Bromelain, and Vitamin C)
- Mango (rich in vitamins, promotes feelings of fullness, and caters to your sweet tooth)
- Cactus leaf (provides calcium for healthy bones, increases your fiber intake)
Using a sharp knife (and being very careful), trim the spines off the cactus leaf. Chop it into mid-sized pieces to drop into the blender. Add ¼ cup of water and ¾ cup of coconut milk.
Peel a mango and cut the flesh away from the seed. Use 1 cup of pineapple chunks (fresh, not canned). Drop ice into the blender and set to “Puree”.
Enjoy the rich, tropical flavors!
The Summer Chill
If the weather outside is hot, this smoothie will help you to cool off. It’s an amazing source of healthy fats, and it has a light, refreshing flavor you can’t help but love. It’s a great diet drink to fill you up before a morning workout or to keep you full on your way to work.
Definitely, an epic smoothie recipe to try!
Image Source: Betty Crocker
- Lemons or limes (cool and tangy, and they pack a Vitamin C punch!)
- Avocado (an amazing source of healthy fats, protein, and fiber)
- Honey (an immune-boosting sweetener that can combat bacteria and infections)
- Celery (adds plenty of gut-busting fiber to your smoothies, plus a wonderful “green” flavor)
You’ll need at least 3 lemons for this drink though more is always better! You want that nice bite of acidity that makes a good lemonade.
(Note: limes make a good alternative to lemons if you want to mix it up).
Squeeze the lemons, pour the juice into the blender, and add in a whole avocado and two celery sticks.
Add just a few drops of honey for a hint of sweetness, pour in a whole cup of water and plenty of ice, and stir.
This comes out to a sort of “creamy” green lemonade that is wonderfully delicious.
The Peppermint Patty
What would life be without chocolate? Dark chocolate is highly nutritious, and it makes for one heck of an awesome addition to your smoothies. By dropping in fresh mint, you overdose on the flavor.
But don’t think it’s a dessert-only smoothie!
With the other ingredients, it’s one of the healthiest drinks on this list.
Image Source: Gimme Some Oven
- Dark chocolate (packed with heart-boosting antioxidants and flavonoids)
- Almond milk (low in calories and rich in vitamins and minerals)
- Spinach (loaded with folic acid, dietary fiber, and iron to improve your circulation)
- Mint leaves (to add a fresh taste; may even help to fight cancer)
- Chocolate-flavored whey protein powder (packs a protein punch to help build muscle)
Drop a handful of spinach into the blender with the mint leaves and water. Blend until smooth.
Add a tablespoon of bittersweet dark chocolate chips or cocoa nibs (70 to 80% cocoa), a scoop of the whey protein, a cup of almond milk, and half a cup of water.
Add ice, blend, and enjoy!
The Breakfast Treat
This is a highly nutritious smoothie, one that will deliver a healthy balance of antioxidants, dietary fiber, amino acids, and healthy fats.
The combination of ingredients makes it one of the best smoothies for those who like to get in an early morning workout.
Have it 45 minutes before your workout to keep your body going during any high-intensity training, or drink it as a post-workout smoothie to aid in recovery.
Either way, it’s the perfect smoothie for athletes and resistance trainees!
Image Source: Nourishing Meals
- Vanilla-flavored whey protein (provides a dose of flavor, plus vital amino acids)
- Blueberries (packed with healthy fats, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber)
- Oats (loaded with fiber–both soluble and insoluble; rich in fatty acids and protein)
- Cucumber (high water content, plus loaded with dietary fiber and vital nutrients)
- Coconut milk (packed with fatty acids, protein, and other nutrients)
The combination may sound like an odd one, but it totally works! To begin, run a whole cucumber through a juicer, and pour the juice into a blender with one cup of coconut milk.
Add in half a cup of frozen blueberries, a tablespoon of oats, and a scoop of vanilla-flavored protein powder.
Mix in ice, blend until nice and smooth and enjoy while still cold.
The Orange Julius
This healthy version of the classic drink is one you’ll want to try!
Not only is it wonderfully delicious, but it packs a wicked nutrient punch. Both oranges and carrots contain Vitamin A, which is needed for healthy skin, hair, and eyes.
The naturally sweet flavor of carrots blends with the oranges, honey, and milk to make one heck of a tasty breakfast drink.
Image Source: Averie Cooks
- Oranges (loaded with Vitamins A and C, along with plenty of fiber)
- Carrots (rich in Vitamin A and other carotenes, plus soluble fiber)
- Milk (loaded with animal-based amino acids, calcium, fatty acids, and Vitamin D)
- Honey (adds a delicious sweetness while providing antibacterial compounds)
Put 1 carrot through your juicer, and pour the juice into the blender along with 1 whole carrot.
Squeeze the juice of two oranges into the blender. Add 1 cup of milk (or use coconut milk if you’re looking for the vegetarian option).
Drop in a tablespoon of honey, add ice and blend.
What is it about the flavor of peanut butter you can’t help but love? The rich, fatty taste of nut butter makes anything better–cookies, cakes, candies, sandwiches, and, of course, smoothies.
This smoothie is surprisingly delicious, and peanut butter lovers are guaranteed to love it despite its unorthodox ingredient: spinach.
Image Source: Gimme Some Oven
- Peanut butter (rich in healthy fatty acids, loaded with fiber)
- Dark chocolate/cocoa (packed with antioxidants and flavonoids for better overall health)
- Coconut milk (loaded with fatty acids, contains vegetable-based protein)
- Baby spinach (rich in folic acid, iron, Vitamin C, and other important minerals)
Pour 1 ½ cups of coconut milk into a blender, along with a handful or so of baby spinach, two tablespoons of peanut butter, and a tablespoon of dark chocolate or cocoa powder.
Add a tablespoon of honey for sweetness, drop in ice, and blend.
These fruit and veggie smoothie recipes can make your mornings delicious as well as nutritious!
They’re just a few of the best healthy fruit and veggie smoothie recipes for weight loss, muscle-building, and improved overall health, but why not try to make your own?
Take any fruit and veggie smoothie and mess with the recipe, adding or subtracting ingredients as desired.
Smoothies are easy to make and the ingredients are sufficiently available. May it be green or fruit smoothies, these are surely packed with enough vitamins, minerals and fiber you need to improve your health and body. Plus, having it early in the morning would give you a boost not only on your mood but also on your energy throughout the day.
Who knows what sort of awesomely creative combinations you can come up with?
Which smoothies are your favorite?
Let us know in the comments below!
[wptabsy][tab].[/tab][tab].[/tab][tabcontent][/tabcontent][tabcontent]Easy useful fruit and veggie smoothiefruit and veggie smoothie and healthy lifestyle is not easy task for all. If you really want hardly about fruit and veggie smoothie, all difficult fruit and veggie smoothie will removed from you. All it requires is fruit and veggie smoothie along with liability.Below are 5 simple fruit and veggie smoothie tips on how to get a jump on your path to excellent fruit and veggie smoothie. Study for every fruit and veggie smoothie and you’ll understand that it is really simpler fruit and veggie smoothie. You simply require taking the fruit and veggie smoothie. When you’re desired, fruit and veggie smoothie is something you have to avoid; Take average fruit and veggie smoothie. If you eat fruit and veggie smoothie each day try to cut down on your usage and create it just 3 periods regular. Reduce extra fruit and veggie smoothie and create it once every seven times while you have maintained fruit and veggie smoothie. Responsibility this, you can silent take satisfaction in the meals but not develop up your desiring fitness.Establish objectives fruit and veggie smoothie for yourself. it does not actually suggest that you will need to wipe out fruit and veggie smoothie. Developing too higher fruit and veggie smoothie will usually only carry about failing and aggravation. While you make, be sure that you are able to do fruit and veggie smoothie. How will you know? Keep fruit and veggie smoothie. You know what you are able of. It is far better goal establishing fruit and veggie smoothie for yourself that you know you can utilize. Reaching them gives you a sensation of fruit and veggie smoothie which will create you more self-confident and much more satisfied to proceed with fruit and veggie smoothie.[/tabcontent][/wptabsy]