Frozen yogurt is more than just a delicious dessert or snack. It’s a healthy one. You get so many nutrients without lots of extra sugar, especially when you make it yourself.
The problems that many parents have involved time and creation. Just how do you put together your own frozen yogurt bar? What should you put together and do you really have enough time for it all?
Even if you did, will your kids love their treats? That’s the important thing, right? You need the kids to love every mouthful of food that they eat. The great news is that you can easily make delicious frozen yogurt bars that won’t take hours of faffing with ingredients. Here’s a look at eight heavenly recipes that you need to try out for your kids, especially if you have a kids’ party coming up.
Cranberry and Almond Frozen Yoghurt Bark
The first on the list is one of the easiest to make. You’ll need to go to the store for some special ingredients, but it won’t take too long to find them. If you bake regularly, you may already have some of them sitting in your cupboard waiting.
This is a great way to start with frozen yogurt bites. You’re not wasting a lot of money to create the bites, but you’re also keeping the ingredients simple. While you may think that lots of flavors are good, kids often prefer just one or two flavors mixed together.
- 450g of plain yogurt
- 25g of almonds, crushed
- 25g of cranberries, dried and chopped
- Mix together half the almonds and half the cranberries with the yogurt in a dish that you can put in the freezer
- Sprinkle the other half of both the almonds and cranberries over the top
- Freezer for at least two hours but no more than three
- Remove the frozen yogurt and break up the slab into bites
You can eat right away, or you can put into individual freezer bags and place back in the freezer. The bites will keep for up to a month.
Don’t let the initial freezing last overnight. You want to keep the yogurt slightly soft to break up the pieces easily enough. The mixture should make up to around 8 pieces of yummy frozen yogurt.
Chocolate Strawberry Frozen Yoghurt Bites
This next recipe is a step up from the other regarding flavors. There are more, although many of them help to add to the sweetness. This is going to be a popular one for the kids since it will help to curb those sugar cravings in a healthier way.
Make sure you get plain yogurt for this. While some of the other recipes on this list will allow a little more freedom, you want to get rid of as much refined sugar as possible. There is naturally enough added sugar involved.
- 450g natural Green yogurt
- 1tbsp raw honey
- 5 packets of natural sweetener, like Stevia
- 5 strawberries, chopped
- 2tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 2tbsp shredded coconut, unsweetened
- Mix the honey and Stevia into the yogurt until combined fully
- Line your baking tray with foil and pour the yogurt over the top
- Sprinkle the rest of the ingredients over the top and freeze for 1-2 hours
Break into pieces once the yogurt is completely frozen. This is amazing when it’s just been made, but it will store for up to a month in freezer bags. It’s definitely something you want to consider for a kids’ party when you want to keep the desserts naturally sweet and healthy. They’ll think it’s chocolate chip and strawberry ice cream and the parents will love you for the lack of refined sugar rush.
Pink and Purple Frozen Yoghurt Bites
This is technically two recipes in one, so you’ll end up with an extra recipe for your frozen yogurt bites. These pink and purple frozen yogurt bites are best placed into ice cube trays, so it feels like you get more for your ingredients. You can add more to your ingredients as you need depending on a number of bites you want to create.
Ingredients for the Pink Bite:
- 1 cup of natural Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of strawberries
Ingredients for the Purple Bites:
- 1 cup of natural Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of blackberries
- Blend the yogurt and strawberries together in a blender and scoop into a piping bag
- Place the strawberry mix into ice cube trays and freeze until you’re ready
- Blend the blackberries and yogurt together in the same manner
- Freeze in your ice cube trays
You’ll get 10-12 cubes of each flavor.
Why not try adding different fruits to your natural yogurt. Blueberries will give you blue bites, while raspberries will have more of a reddish tinge. You can also get pale yellow or green through the use of lemons and limes.
Just think of all the fun you’ll have creating new flavors and recipes.
Chocolate and Granola Frozen Yoghurt Bars
Now that you’ve enjoyed some easier options, it’s time to start adding more ingredients and trying out new things. These frozen yogurt bites include granola and can make some healthier snacks on the go and even help to add a quick breakfast option in the summer months.
- 3 cups of natural Greek yogurt
- ½ cup of honey
- 1 ½ cups of chocolate chips, separated
- 1 cup of granola
- Mix the honey and yogurt in a bowl until fully combined
- Fold in a cup of the chocolate chips
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and pour the yogurt mixture over the top, smoothing into a layer
- Sprinkle the rest of the ingredients over the top
- Freeze for 2+ hours and then break into large pieces
You can enjoy right away or store in the freezer for up to a month. If you want to leave out at a party or when your kids have friends over, put them on ice to make them easier to grab.
Breakfast Smoothie Frozen Yoghurt Bars
The recipe above starts us into the journey of frozen yogurt for breakfast. Every now and then it’s not going to be a bad thing. We eat fruit and yogurt for breakfast, don’t we? Why can’t it be frozen?
Well, this recipe is a breakfast smoothie recipe. It’s fun to make, and your kids will love to help with different aspects of it. You can make it as a bar, or you can create popsicles if you’d like.
- 4oz strawberries
- 4oz blueberries
- 4oz raspberries
- 1qt plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup of milk
- 1 ½ cups of granola
- Combine the strawberries and raspberries in a pan over a medium heat and cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool
- Cook the blueberries in the same way in a separate pan
- Combine the yogurt and milk together, adding honey if you need some sweetness, mixing them together, so they are thick
Assembling the frozen yogurt will depend on whether you want to do bars or popsicles. If doing bars, put everything together in the one bowl and then layer on a baking sheet and put in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
If making popsicles, layer with yogurt, then granola then fruit and then back to the yogurt again – repeating the cycle until it reaches the top. Place a popsicle stick into the middle and freeze for 6+ hours
You’ll be able to store the popsicles or bars for 3-4 weeks on parchment paper in the freezer or in freezer bags.
Strawberry Shortcake Bars
It’s time to give your kids the chance to feel like they’re eating a naughty dessert. You can do that while ensuring they’re eating something good for them with this frozen yogurt strawberry shortcake recipe.
Like the smoothie recipe, you can turn this into popsicles if you want.
- 2 cups of strawberries, tops sliced off
- ½ cup of wafers, crushed
- 2 cups of natural Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup of honey
- Combine the yogurt, wafers, and honey together in a bowl
- If creating popsicles, spoon 2tbsp of the yogurt mixture into Dixie cups and freeze for 30 minutes; if creating a bar, spread half it across a lined baking tray and freeze for 20-30 minutes
- Meanwhile, blend the strawberries in a blender and place on the top of the yogurt mixture, freezing for another 30 minutes
- Spread the other half of the yogurt across the baking sheet, sandwiching in the strawberries
- If making popsicles, add the stick in
Chill the strawberry shortcakes for a couple of hours until they’re set, and you’re ready for them. Serve over ice if you’re putting them out for a kids’ party.
Trail Mix Frozen Yoghurt Bars
It’s time to mix together a trail mix with yogurt. You’ll get a delicious snack that is full of nutrients to keep your kids supported through the day. They’ll love the range of textures they get from the granola, nuts, and chocolate.
- 35oz vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ cups of fruit of your choice, chopped
- 1 cup of granola
- ¾ cup of almonds, sliced
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Mix everything together in a bowl
- Place foil across a casserole dish and spread out the yogurt mixture
- Freeze for a couple of hours and then slice into bars
You can store the trail mix yogurt for 3-4 weeks.
Try out a range of nuts and fruits in your trail mix yogurt. You can opt for fresh fruit or use dried fruit if you want more options. Apricots, raisins, and papayas work extremely well when added into a trail mix, so why not try them in a frozen yogurt option?
Banana and Chocolate Frozen Yoghurt Bites
All the other recipes have been focused on health. Sometimes your kids just want fun. They want to each chocolate in a way that isn’t going to have them bouncing off the walls later. This is where this banana and chocolate recipe comes in good use.
- 2 cups of natural Greek yogurt
- 2tbsp honey
- 4tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Mix the yogurt with the honey and cocoa in a bowl
- Line a dish or tray with parchment paper and pour half the yogurt over the top
- Add some banana slices
- Pour over the rest of the yogurt
- Top with the rest of the banana slices
- Freeze for 2-3 hours and cut into chunks
This recipe will keep for one to two months in the freezer. Your kids will think they have melted chocolate with their yogurt. Only you (and other parents if you want) will need to know what’s really in there. It’s amazing what you can do with cocoa powder!
Try Out Frozen Yoghurt Bars Today
You’ll be surprised at how easy it is to put together some frozen yogurt bars. They don’t take too long to prepare, and you just must wait for the freezer to do its job. Try making them when the kids are in bed, so they’re ready for them the next day. If you’re at home while they’re at school, you can also make frozen yogurt bars then as a treat for when they get home.
If you haven’t make the bars before, start simple and work your way up to more extravagant recipes. Simple ones are amazing, and your kids will love to get strong flavors of their favorite fruits.
Kids never need to know what you’ve really put in them – but they’ll love to know that they can get delicious snacks and desserts from the fresh fruit and yogurt that you have in your own fridge. They’re also perfect for parties since parents will love to know that they won’t have sugar-high kids to deal with when they get home.
Raise Good Cholesterol And Lower Bad Cholesterol with yogurt bar recipe
yogurt bar recipe is time and again described for instance a soft yogurt bar recipe, sticky substance a tad comparable yogurt bar recipe.yogurt bar recipe serves a digit of roles popular the body. A not many examples are the rise of yogurt bar recipe furthermore the foundation of vitamin D at what time it reacts together with yogurt bar recipe.
Most of the yogurt bar recipe is produced by means of the yogurt bar recipe. The remnants is gained by means of consumption yogurt bar recipe with the intention of boast yogurt bar recipe popular them. These are mostly yogurt bar recipe for the reason that they boast the similar capture of yogurt bar recipe for instance humans.
Thus yogurt bar recipe is a good risk with the intention of by means of our consumption of yogurt bar recipe routine we bottle acquire extremely a great deal yogurt bar recipe than the group truly needs. at what time we boast excessively a great deal yogurt bar recipe clothed in the usage it willpower look after headed for erect positive taking place the stockade of yogurt bar recipe. This is acknowledged so thickening yogurt bar recipe before yogurt bar recipe. This bottle achieve it harder representing yogurt bar recipe headed for circulate in addition to head start headed for enlarged yogurt bar recipe. This yogurt bar recipe hint headed for central point harms before yogurt bar recipe clots proviso the commemorative inscription taking place yogurt bar recipe. observably this yogurt bar recipe is a staid glitch then you don’t would like headed for endlessly acquire headed for yogurt bar recipe.
yogurt bar recipe is an alternative call representing far above yogurt bar recipe the ground density lipoproteins (HDL).