Smoothies are an excellent way to get more fruits and vegetables into your diet on a daily basis. You can drink it all and not feel like it’s a chore to get your five a day (or 10 a day as some experts suggest now). But it’s common to struggle with some ideas for smoothie combinations. Before reading all the recipes from below, we recommend this awesome smoothie maker machine.
Cucumbers and bananas are two excellent ingredients to combine together. They offer plenty of nutrients and water content, without too many sugars that will break down into the liquid. You will also get the feeling of being full of the creaminess of the banana, so you don’t overdo the drink – after all, fruits and vegetables still have calories, and you run the risk of taking in far more than you need when drinking than compared to eating.
Bananas also create that creamy mixture without the need for as much milk or yogurt. You can use water to help cut down on the amount of dairy you add to your system.
But there are so many other ingredients that you can add to your cucumber and banana smoothies. Here are eight cucumber-banana smoothie combinations that you may never have tried before but you really should! Check out more info on almond milk weight loss smoothies here
A Green Cucumber and Banana Smoothie
Let’s start with one of the easiest recipes you will ever need to follow. The best thing about this is that the ingredients on the list will only make one portion, so there’s little risk of getting too many calories in one sitting. You’ll be tempted to have more, but you’ll need to make it first physically. You also get your five a day in one portion!
This recipe calls for spinach, as well as the cucumber and banana. It’s definitely worth keeping it in as it will give you so many nutrients that are easily missed from the diet, including calcium, iron, and zinc.
The recipe is both vegan-friendly and paleo diet friendly.
- 2 bananas, peeled and frozen
- 1 cucumber
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- ½ cup of water
- Allow the peeled bananas to freeze overnight to help create a creamier texture
- Add everything to a blender and pulse until smooth
You may need to add a little more water if the vegetables and fruit are difficult to blend down.
Creamy Banana and Cucumber Smoothie
To make your smoothie creamier, you can add in some yogurt and some milk. If you want to make this vegan-friendly, opt for the vegan alternatives, widely available in grocery stores. You can also switch out the yogurt or milk completely and add in extra of the one that you don’t remove. If you want to get rid of both, you’ll need to add water instead and use some vanilla extract.
- 1 cup of vanilla milk of choice
- ½ cup of vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup of cucumber, sliced and peeled
- 1 banana, peeled and broken
- Place everything in a blender and process until smooth. If you struggle to blend down, you can add a bit more milk or water.
Banana and Cucumber Smoothie with Mango
Mango is a delicious and tropical fruit that is added to a lot of recipes. It will add some extra creaminess and sweetness to your fruit and vegetable smoothie. You’ll get two portions out of this mixture. Think about popping the second one in the fridge for use later on that night – just give it a shake before drinking it!
- ½ a mango
- 1 banana, frozen
- ½ a cucumber
- 1 cup of water
- 1tbsp flaxseed
- Place everything in a blender and pulse until smooth
Strawberry Smoothie with Cucumber and Banana
This smoothie is great for those who want a summerier taste with some natural sweetness. The cucumber makes the whole smoothie refreshing and cooling, while the banana adds a creamy texture. Unlike the others, this smoothie will come out pink thanks to the strawberries. It’s completely vegan and gluten free friendly, and you’ll get one large or two small smoothies out of the recipe.
- 1 cup of almond milk, unsweetened
- ½ cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ cups of strawberries, frozen
- 1 ½ ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1/2tbsp chia seeds
- Allow the strawberries to defrost slightly, so they’re a little softer
- Add the milk and cucumber to the blender and process until smooth
- Add in the fruits and your chia seeds and blend until creamy
You may need to add a bit more milk but only do a splash at a time. If you want to add more nutrition to your smoothie, you can by adding some spinach. This will make your pinkish smoothie look like a muddier color. The great news is that you won’t be able to taste the green vegetable if you don’t like it – the fruits are far too overpowering.
Add in Avocado and Pineapple to the Banana and Cucumber Mix
It’s time to get a little more experimental with your smoothie combinations. You’ve kept it simple to start with because you just don’t know how well certain fruits and vegetables will blend together. Well, it’s time to add more with this banana-cucumber combination.
- 1 handful of spinach
- ½ handful of parsley
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- 1 banana, frozen
- ½ avocado pitted and peeled
- 1 cup of pineapple
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1tbsp flaxseeds
- 2tbsp shredded coconut
- 2tbsp vanilla protein powder
- Blend everything together, adding water if you find it all difficult to mix
The protein powder will help to add extra to your body for your muscles and will help to build the creamy texture. You can work with the amount of each ingredient as you want to get the right consistency and flavor for your needs.
Creamy Pineapple and Cucumber Smoothie with Banana
Pineapple and cucumbers work just as well together like bananas and cucumbers. You can have them separately, or you can mix all the ingredients together. The great thing about pineapples and bananas is that they are both tropical fruits and you’ll get the taste of the Caribbean first thing on a morning. Coconut milk is the best option for this smoothie just to compliment the tropical taste.
- ½ cup of cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup of pineapple, cubed
- ½ ripe banana, frozen
- ¼ cup of coconut milk
- ½ cup of water
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 handful of greens of your choice
- 2-4 ice cubes – if your blender is powerful enough
- Add everything into a blender and process until smooth and creamy
- If you want to make your smoothie thicker, add more ice to the mix
- You can take out thickness by removing the ice or adding more liquid
This is best served right away, but you can store the mixture for up to 24 hours. It will only make one to two servings, depending on the size of your glass.
Kiwi and Green Veg Smoothie
One of the ways to make a change to your banana and cucumber smoothie is to add some different fruits and vegetables to the mix. Kiwi is a great addition. It has the sweetness, the water content, and the tropical taste to work easily with both cucumbers and bananas. Of course, green veggies are always excellent options to throw in.
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 2 kiwis, peeled
- 1 apple, cored
- 1 banana, frozen
- 3 Swiss chard leaves stems removed
- 8oz almond milk – or milk of your choice
- Add the liquid and fruit to the blender first and pulse until smooth
- Now add in the greens and blend on high until creamy
You may find that that the apple doesn’t quite work as well – some apples can be a little too tart. Try skipping it and just sticking to the kiwi, banana, and cucumbers as the main ingredients.
Broccoli and Banana Smoothie
Who would have thought that broccoli and bananas could work together well? Most people will raise their eyebrows – and I don’t blame you. However, the two ingredients are excellent, and you get so many nutrients at the same time. Use your frozen broccoli and don’t forget to add in some kiwi and cucumber to finish it off.
- 1 banana, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 1 cup of broccoli, frozen and chopped
- 2 kiwis, peeled
- 2 mini cucumbers or half a normal one
- 8oz water
- Blend the water with the banana and kiwis first to create a soft and creamy liquid
- Add in the cucumbers and broccoli and blend on high
A Word of Warning About Smoothies
Smoothies are excellent for getting your five a day. You’re able to drink them extremely easily and they take just minutes to make. There’s a reason my people will opt for them as part of their morning routine or after a trip to the gym.
However, it is easy to indulge in smoothies. You won’t feel as full as you would if you ate all the fruits and vegetable whole. This is because you’ve taken out some of the digesting work by blending into a juice form. By not having to chew, your body isn’t getting ready with the stomach acid and won’t need to break as much down for the digestive system to remove.
This could lead to eating more fruits than you need and you could take in more natural sugars. While liquid forms make it easier to absorb nutrients, they also make it easier to absorb the natural sugars from the fruits. You’ll want to keep an eye on your health and any recommendations your doctor makes.
The recipes we’ve chosen only offer one to two servings. You can keep the second servings for later in the day if you wish. When you have smaller servings, you’ll be less tempted to drink more than you really need to.
Adding Protein Powders to Your Banana and Cucumber Smoothies
Only one of the recipes has protein powder included in the recipe list. That doesn’t mean you can’t add it to the others. It will depend on your daily lifestyle and whether you need to add extra protein to your diet.
If you are a vegan, you may find it harder to get protein. Adding some soy protein is an excellent way to get it into your diet quickly and effortlessly. Don’t forget to make sure the protein is soy. Whey protein has dairy products in it, so won’t be vegan-friendly.
You don’t necessarily need to add protein powders to your smoothies. If you get plenty of protein in other areas of your diet, you won’t need to get it on a morning.
It is possible to add seeds or nuts to your smoothies instead. Try out some walnuts or cashew nuts to the mix. Pumpkin and chia seeds are other popular additions – as used in a recipe above. They’re full of healthy fats, proteins, and fiber to make sure you get plenty of the necessary food groups in one sitting.
Enjoy Your Fruit Smoothies in Moderation
Banana-cucumber smoothies are creamy and refreshing. You get so many nutrients in one sitting while getting extra water intake. You can add far more nutrients with other ingredients, especially green veggies and delicious, naturally sweet fruit.
When fruit and green smoothies are used as part of a healthy and balanced diet, they will be good for you. Don’t replace your meals with them, as you will miss out some of your necessary food groups—most commonly carbs. One a day on a morning is a great way to kick-start your metabolism and give yourself the nutrients that you need.
One of the best things is that you can take your smoothies on the go. Grab a travel mug and enjoy while on your way to work.
Now’s your chance to try out some different banana and cucumber smoothies concoction. Start one at a time and work your way through the list. Which one will you try first?
The Relation Between cucumber smoothies and Weight Loss
Your cucumber smoothies determines the rate at which your body breaks down the cucumber smoothies you eat, and converts it into energy. cucumber smoothies are among the many substances our body breaks down for cucumber smoothies. In fact, when broken down, cucumber smoothies produce more energy than carbohydrates and even cucumber smoothies! So, when you increase your metabolism from its regular cucumber smoothies, generally, your body will eat up the cucumber smoothies first, since they produce the most energy when broken down.
The basic idea is to keep cucumber smoothies in constant energy production mode, so more and more cucumber smoothies need to be converted to energy. Your body can receive all of this extra cucumber smoothies from your fat reserves, so you won’t need to ingest more cucumber smoothies to compensate. This is why increasing your metabolism is a healthy and natural way to lose weight and although your cucumber smoothies is a complex biochemical process, the process of cucumber smoothies, is not so complex.
Here’s Some Tips for cucumber smoothies
1. Eat Five Meals a Day. Okay this is not how it sounds. Eating cucumber smoothies means eating smaller portioned meals. Increasing the amount of cucumber smoothies you have in a day, increases the amount of times your body will start up cucumber smoothies, naturally causing it to move at a faster rate. cucumber smoothies is a great method because there are less time in-between cucumber smoothies, so less time being hungry, and when you’re trying to lose weight being too hungry can cause cucumber smoothies food relapse.
2. Always Eat cucumber smoothies. cucumber smoothies really is the most important meal of the day and should be the largest. It kick starts your cucumber smoothies process, and helps provide cucumber smoothies to your body, you use the rest of the day. When you don’t eat cucumber smoothies, your body’s metabolism slows to conserve the little cucumber smoothies it has left from your meal the night before. In fact, skipping breakfast can put cucumber smoothies in your insulin levels and put you at risk for diabetes.