It’s been called “the wonder plant” and many people swear by the many benefits of aloe vera. From being a healthy supplement to your diet even claiming to improve digestion and numerous medicinal advantages it is surely a very popular plant. It is perhaps most famous though for the skin benefits it offers – soothing sunburn, hydrating skin, clearing complexion from acne or scars, and giving the skin a healthy glow. It doesn’t end in beautifying your skin, it can also do wonders to your hair. It is known for stimulating hair growth giving it more volume and bounce – making it look livelier, and you, younger, getting the plant’s other nickname, “the plant of immortality”.
Let’s talk about what this plant, aloe vera, is. It is a cactus-like plant that grows in very hot climates. It loves the sun and you might think it is a cactus but it’s more of a succulent plant. The succulent leaves produce a clear, jelly-like substance which is the aloe vera gel. You can rub it directly into your skin or if you don’t have it at home probably because you don’t have enough space, you don’t live in hot areas, or you just don’t have the time then purchasing an aloe vera gel form the market is a viable option for you.
With the almost infinite benefits of this plant, it’s no surprise that companies are formulating their own blend of the best aloe vera gel to deliver to the market. You as a consumer nconsider the amount of the aloe vera in the product, after all the more aloe vera it has then the more you’ll get and see the resuleed to ts.
If you want to try the magical effects of this plant then take a look at the top 10 brands of aloe vera gel we have rounded up to save you time searching for it in the market.
Top 10 Aloe Vera Gels
Earth’s Daughter is a brand known for its organic skin care products and their aloe vera gel spray is no exception. This aloe vera mist they produced is infused with cucumber oil to provide instant relief from those experiencing sunburn. The combination of the aloe vera and cucumber oil is what makes it powerful. It is made of 99.8% aloe vera.
Another good thing about this brand is that they deliver 2 bottles for you of different sizes so you can store one at your house and one you can carry on the go. Simply put, it is like a lifesaver and miracle-doer for the girl who’s always on the go, being exposed to sunlight.
- Has the most potent aloe vera component – 99.8%
- Infused with cucumber oil for soothing sunburnt, or dry skin
- 100% Natural – Free from parabens and chemicals
- No artificial coloring
- Gets absorbed by the skin very quickly, it will not clog your pores
- Can also be sprayed to sun damaged hair
- Keeps skin and hair hydrated
- Organic and cold pressed
- Some don’t like the “too natural” smell of aloe vera in it so they add citrus oils
- Users also notice about Xanthan as a filler but a better option would have been seaweed
- This product can make your skin ultra-photosensitive
ArtNatural from the name itself is a company that offers 100% natural products, getting a tagline that says, “from the garden to your face”. However, there are still some ingredients that help with preservation. Their organic aloe vera gel is formulated to soothe skin affected by sunburn, insect bites, windburn and rashes.
It also prevents the sign of aging due to its moisturizing properties and ingredients such as glycerin, sodium palmate, sodium carbonate, sodium palm template, and sorbitol. While it is nourishing to the skin, it also does wonders to your hair when applied. It promotes healthy hair growth, prevents dandruff, takes care of the pH of the scalp and makes the hair smooth and properly hydrated.
- Reduces redness of the skin
- Reduces stretch marks
- Has Vitamin B12 that aids in the regeneration of the skin
- Has anti-bacterial properties to ward off any pollutants
- Has flip top for easy access
- Xanthan is present as their thickener – this ingredient is synthetic
- Thus, the 100% purity claim might be misleading
- Can make your skin photosensitive
This aloe vera gel comes in a clear bottle so you can see all the gel form of the aloe vera plant inside. It is great for both moisturizing and for keeping your skin away from bacteria thus preventing acne and other skin ailments due to dirt.
The bottle comes in a pump form preventing air from coming in. IT is good for acting as a primer before women can put their make up on as it doesn’t clump and dries easily on the skin, meaning it is easy and is quickly absorbed. It is mess free and lightweight so you can put it even in your bag with all your other stuff.
- Contains no alcohol
- Reduces skin itching
- Has thin consistency so it is easy to apply and doesn’t clog pores
- Smooth texture
- Not too firm nor runny
- Gives you a cool sensation when you apply it to your skin
- No fragrance, color or parabens
- Excellent for curing acne
- Unlike other aloe vera gels, it cannot be applied to the hair
- Contains too many artificial ingredients unlike its competitors
- Results are not long lasting thus there is a need to reapply a lot of times throughout the day
Majestic Pure Aloe Vera is meant mainly for sunburnt skin, it heals the epithelial layer and provides protection from further damage to start regeneration. It is also full of antioxidants to make your healing faster than letting it heal on your own.
This product contains lidocaine for pain relief. Although it is formulated for sunburn, you can use it in many other diverse ways. It is packed with vitamins and minerals too good for maintaining healthy skin. It reduces the appearance of acne and rashes.
- Can be used on pets for moisturizing
- The company offers advanced skin research
- Has watery consistency
- No added colors and alcohol
- Very absorbent
- Can be used as an aftershave cream and hair conditioner too
- Some might not like the feeling of the watery consistency
- Quite expensive compared to other brands
InstaNatural is one of the best-selling aloe vera gel on Amazon due to its effectiveness and great customer service. The company was first known for creating Argan Oils and then continued to produce more natural products for natural healing of the skin. Now they have a wide variety of products to choose from and this aloe vera gel is one of them.
This aloe vera gel will help you reduce redness of skin, acne, minimize pores, prevent signs of aging, hyperpigmentation, lines and wrinkles and sensitivity.
- Can be used by anyone in the family, young or the elderly
- Best for acne sufferers
- Can make your skin brighten up because of its Vitamin C ingredient
- Can be used in face, body, and hair
- Some users weren’t happy that it didn’t evaporate quickly
Amara Organics Aloe Vera Gel contains 99.75% pure, cold-pressed and organic Aloe Vera gel. This product can be used to moisturize the skin, hair, nail cuticles. Aloe Vera gel has a thin and watery consistency while giving you the moisturizing benefit without the oily and sticky feeling. Because of the gel consistency, this product goes on easily, smoothly and quickly absorbs in the skin leaving a silky soft finish.
Amara Organics Aloe Vera Gel works in many ways. Not only it can be used to moisturize dry skin but heals sunburns and eliminates the itchiness brought about by skin dryness. It can also be used as an aftershave or post-waxing regimen. This gel can be mixed with oils or face mask formulas to customize your weekly skin regimen. For hair use, this product can be worn as a hair-styling gel or a leave-on conditioner for silkier, shinier, stronger and healthier hair.
- Safe to use for children
- Because it is organic, it can be used to soothe and moisturize burns from radiation therapy
- Gives out no sticky residue
- Contains Vitamin C as a preservative agent but doubles as an anti-aging ingredient but people with sensitive skin must use this with caution to avoid untoward reactions
- Has acidic smell probably due to the Ascorbic acid ingredient
- The actual product is in liquid form not as gel
Nature Republic Aloe Vera Gel is the most raved and best-selling Aloe Vera gel for so long now. It has been introduced and made famous by known celebrities from South Korea and bloggers from different countries. This gel has 92% Aloe Vera leaf extract that undergoes the cold-pressed process.
This Aloe Vera gel can be used as a moisturizing sleeping pack to wake up in the morning skin feeling fresh and supple. It can also be used to cool and moisturize the eye area. What’s good about this product is that it absorbs fast in the skin so it is ideal as well to use as a primer and can be layered with other face products and make-up.
- Moisturizing without the sticky after-feeling
- A very practical product, a tub is good for 1-2 months when applied from head to toe
- Contains alcohol
- Counterfeit products are now available anywhere, so be very careful in choosing where to buy this product
- A product is contained in a tub which is a little unhygienic during application as compared to sprays or bottles
Green Leaf Naturals Aloe Vera Gel contains 99.75% derived from pure and organic Aloe Vera plant extracted through the cold-press process. This product has thin gel formula that has no alcohol or petroleum additives making it light and absorbent to the skin.
The remaining 0.25% of the ingredients fall under the natural preservatives to help preserve the potency of the gel. A cold-pressed Aloe Vera gel, in general, has a very thin consistency and adding a little amount of xanthan thickens it just enough for a silkier and soft skin. In addition, Potassium sorbate is an FDA approved food grade preservative that is added to prevent the growth of molds and bacteria reducing the need for refrigeration.
- Does not leave thick and gooey residues on the skin
- This product can be used as an overall moisturizer and after-shave treatment
- It comes in a flip-top container so it the product can be dispensed easily
- Some users with sensitive skin complained of unwanted reactions after using the product
- The product has more of liquid consistency
Grown and hand harvested from the USA, NaturSense Aloe Vera Gel contains 99.75% of leaf extract that was charcoal filtered and processed through cold-press. It contains the highest potency of fresh aloe plant that is naturally rich in vitamins, minerals, and proteins for maximum hydration of the skin and shinier hair.
Aloe Vera plant is an organic alternative with antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties for faster healing of burns, cuts, and wounds. This product also helps in soothing acne and skin conditions such as acne and psoriasis while it is free from harsh chemicals or prescription drugs. It can also be used as a first aid to soothe sunburns, irritated and chapped skin or lips, and minimizes wrinkles on aging eye skin.
- This product can preserve its potency for 2 years even without refrigeration
- It is an ideal treatment for dandruff and scalp issues and even hydrates dry and limp hair
- It has a little acid smell
- This product is so watery and not really a gel
This product is definitely the most affordable Aloe Vera gel on the market. Aloe Vera Gel has an innate healing property that can help treat small cuts and sunburn in a natural approach. It aids in relieving itchiness and irritation from insect and bug bites. Aloe Vera provides instant cooling and refreshing feeling that help soothes redness, rashes, and bumps on the face.
Organic Aloe Vera gel contains antibacterial and antifungal property while retaining moisture making it an ideal ingredient for hand sanitizers. With its anti-inflammatory effect, this product helps in reducing itchiness and irritation of the skin from head to toe. It is a perfect remedy for dry, itchy scalp because of dandruff leaving a healthier hair from roots to its ends.
- This is the best priced Aloe Vera Gel
- It can be used as a primer and can be layered with other products like sunscreens and tinted moisturizer
- Kate Blanc Cosmetics has its own hair-loss regimen, and this product is a perfect add-on to the routine
- May not be suitable for the super dry skin as its consistency is more watery
- This product contains xantham that may cause allergic reactions to people with sensitive ski
Does Aloe Vera Help With Loose Skin and Wrinkles?
Aloe Vera is a natural alternative that contains amino acids, vitamins, minerals and fatty acids which help to nourish and moisturize skin against dryness and aging. It also contains antioxidant vitamins A, C, and E which minimize free radicals that cause skin aging and damage. This plant charges up our body to produce more elastin and collagen which are very beneficial to the skin by making it look more supple, toned and tighter.
With the increasing demand for facial masks, people have discovered the power of Aloe Vera gels to use as an overnight mask. Others are also mixing the gel with essential and facial oils to achieve softer and more moisturized skin. By all these techniques, Aloe Vera certainly helps in tightening skin, closing pores, improving skin texture and aids in making your skin look smooth and plump.
How Does Aloe Vera Help in Treating Skin Injuries?
Aloe Vera contains hormones, fatty acids, and laxatives that naturally give out anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and analgesic effect. The four fatty acids that are present in Aloe Vera are cholesterol, beta-sitosterol, lupeol and campesterol that provide anti-inflammatory results great for soothing rashes and skin irritations like psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema, insect and bug bites, and burns.
It provides laxatives like aloin and emodin which play a role in fighting bacteria, virus and relieving pain. Having this said, Aloe Vera certainly helps in healing at a faster rate. Aloe Vera can be used to treat burns from radiation therapy as well as cold sores. The amino acids present in Aloe Vera acts as a natural pain reliever and activate the antibodies that our body uses to protect us from infections and inflammations.
Will Aloe Vera Dry or Moisturize the Skin?
Aloe Vera has been proven to be effective in nourishing and keeping the skin moisturized for thousands of years. It contains enzymes, hormones, and minerals that help delay the aging and damage of the skin. These components get rid of the dead skin cells and promote the regeneration of the skin and hair, without uncomfortable skin reactions.
For maximum benefits, it is ideal to treat the skin with Aloe Vera on a daily basis. What’s great about Aloe Vera is it does not clog pores and actually helps to eliminate pimple marks, acne and makes the skin glow.
Points to Remember
100% Pure Aloe Vera
You need to check the labels and make sure that you are getting only pure aloe vera gel. It can be mixed with water or other fillers but aloe vera must be the first one on the list. You also have to check that the product is free from artificial coloring and fragrance.
Marketing is a little bit misleading especially when there’s so much to choose from – salespeople will do almost everything to get your attention so you have to be very vigilant and careful in choosing.
Side Effects of Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is generally safe because it is a natural ingredient. You just have to be cautious not to take the gels from the market orally as it is not designed for medication by mouth and may contain unsafe chemicals for your digestion.
There are still some reports about a burning sensation when aloe vera gels are applied to the skin directly but this can be due to an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients in the package. If this sensation persists you may want to consult your doctor about it. You should also contact your physician if there are signs such as discoloration of the skin, turning white, if it becomes soggy from too much wetness or if it gives you other signs of skin infection.
Final Thoughts on Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera certainly has the potential to be considered as a wonder product. Because there have been no significant negative effects associated with the use of Aloe Vera gels, it will not hurt to give it a try as an overall moisturizer, a first aid for burns, scrapes, cuts and a natural alternative to treat acne, pimples, skin irritation, and rashes. Your skin will definitely thank you for feeding it with only the good stuff. However, it is still best to seek for an advice of a dermatologist before you religiously include the Aloe Vera gel in your daily skin regimen.