As we age, our bodies undergo certain changes that require us to modify our lifestyle. Our immune system becomes fragile, which means we also need to alter our approach to our well-being. Multivitamins are proven to strengthen our body, but they are formulated differently depending on the age bracket. As we reach the age of 50 up to the golden, glorious years, we are also supposed to increase our vitamin intake to further reduce the chances of certain health complications. Some of these vitamins are Calcium, Vitamin D3, and Magnesium, as these three are responsible for strengthening our bones that tend to be more delicate over the years.
This multivitamin is manufactured by New Chapter who aims to produce certified organic products, 100% vegetarian close to nature’s purity and safety. This line is specifically made for women aged 50 years and above.
Unlike its competitors, this multivitamins is good to take for once a day only. A one-day tablet packed with essential vitamins and minerals to maintain your holistic wellness and vitality. New chapter Multivitamin for Women 50 Plus promises to deliver a stronger immune system with its key ingredient, Astaxanthin which is an organic immune-booster. It also aims to give women 50 years and above the highest vitality and longevity support for the heart, eye, bone, brain, and hormones. It is formulated with fermented probiotics for easy digestion and to aid digestive problems like constipation. -This multivitamin is iron-free, so worry not about having an upset stomach.
- Available internationally
- Can be taken on an empty stomach
- Safe for people with allergies to Iodine
- Convenient to take
- Enhances energy level and improve mood
- Can easily lose its potency and expires fast if stored improperly
- There were reports that it causes headaches
Centrum Silver is personalized with key ingredients to support the heart, bone health, brain and eyes to support the changing needs of women 50 years and older. It contains no iron but with high levels of Calcium and Vitamin D3 to support the bones, Zinc and Vitamin B Complex for a stronger immune system and brain health. Highly recommended by primary care doctors, this multivitamins works wonder in keeping up its user’s energy with continued use.
A bottle of Centrum contains 200 tablets covered with a smooth coating that makes it easy to swallow. This multivitamin should only be taken once a day or depending on your doctor’s advice.
- Available in local pharmacies
- Large quantity with an affordable price
- Users reported that it is effective in boosting energy and mental health
- Can cause an upset stomach
- Size of the pill is actually larger than it advertises
- The expiration date is too short
Manufactured by Garden of Life, these multivitamins are exclusively made for women 50 years and older. It is made from whole raw food with live probiotics and enzymes. Garden of Life specifically made Vitamin Code 50 and wiser women to provide support to the areas that are most affected by the changing stage of life.
This supplement supports better breast health with its Vitamin D and E. It helps to promote a healthy heart and blood pressure because of its good contents of Vitamins B complex. Vitamin code 50 swears by better Calcium absorption with the added benefits from Vitamin D, Magnesium and Zinc. Look better and feel better because of the high Vitamin E, which is an antioxidant that keeps your hair shiny and thicker and your nails stronger. This multivitamin contains probiotics and enzymes that are highly recommended to people with digestive problems such as constipation and irregular bowel movements.
- No bad side effects
- Gives better memory retention
- Easy to swallow tablets
- Tablets can be opened and contents can be mixed with juice or foods
- Does not cause stomach irritations
- Leaves a slightly nasty taste
- A bit expensive for its price
- May cause frequent bowel movements
Hailed as the “Best Multivitamin for Women in 2018”, Naturelo aimed to produce multivitamins that are as closest to nature as possible. With a commitment to purity, supplements were extracted and crafted from the organic fruits and vegetables thru quality manufacturing and third-party testing ensuring the potency and safety of the supplements to be free from any harmful heavy metals like lead, mercury, cadmium, and arsenic.
True to its name, this multivitamin is packed with essential vitamins and nutrients that are good for your eyes, brain, and heart. Aside from these elements, there are also a variety of plant-based antioxidants that doubles the protection against the body’s deterioration. To name a few, these antioxidants include CoQ10, Resveratrol, Turmeric, Ginger, Gingko Biloba, Lutein, Lycopene and so on.
- Good even for people prone to allergies
- Provides good support to hair and nail health
- Best supplement for people with Thyroid problems
- May cause gastric irritation
- Users have reported decreased energy when taking the supplement
- Does not help in boosting mental alertness
- Lacks Calcium and Zinc
The Megafood supplement is safe and gentle you can take it on an empty stomach. It aims to fuel your strength while supporting the heart, mood, and cognition. One of its key ingredients are the B vitamins. These vitamins are mainly responsible for the cardiovascular health and also assist in energy production. This supplement sustains your mental alertness and keeps it sharp with the aid of Zinc and vitamin b complex. The mood is also part of the balance. With Vitamin D, you can keep your cool under stressful situations as this vitamin aids in balancing the mood aside from supporting Calcium for healthy bones. For women experiencing anemia, this supplement is best for you because it contains a little bit of Iron as well. This may be taken anytime throughout the day, 2 tablets daily.
- No upset on an empty stomach
- Does not stimulates appetite or increase cravings
- Boosts energy
- Reduces feeling of fatigue on continuous use
- Others experience acne breakouts when taking the supplement
- A little expensive
- Tablets are large and hard to swallow
- Others experienced headaches during the first week of use
This multivitamin is intended to aid and give support for the overall well-being of individuals over 50. It helps provide nutrients that a person might not be getting enough of from inadequate dietary intake. This supplement is recommended for eyes, bone, teeth, and muscle health which are very crucial for the health of a mature adult. It also provides antioxidant protection so one can age gracefully. Another notable benefit is that it supports a healthy immune system and cellular energy production. Take 1 tablet daily to get its benefits.
- This product contains oil and water-soluble vitamins with minerals tablets USP
- A standout vitamin is Vitamin B-6 which provides energy and lower the risk of heart disease and stroke. Vitamin B-6 measures nearly 26% over its claim in this product.
- Other prominent nutrients are Lycopene and Lutein for good eye and skin health
- Each tablet does not include artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, yeast or gluten
- Might not be recommended for those who have a hard time taking tablets
- Not intended for use by pregnant or nursing women.
- This product contains chromium, discussion with a physician before use is highly required.
This multivitamin offers promotion of memory and concentration for women over 50 with its B-Vitamins. It also aids in bone and breast health. It also provides nutrients to support heart, blood pressure and eye health.
Each tablet is formulated with 7 antioxidants for cell health relevant to the well being of mature adults. These refer to Vitamins A, C, E, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, and Manganese. Research suggests that health of our cells play a key role throughout our lives so it is important to have a dosage of the said vitamins which are included in this product. Only 1 tablet daily is enough to reap its many benefits.
- This multivitamin aims to support healthy brain function with its B-Vitamins
- It also aids in heart health with Vitamin B-6, B12, C, E, and Folic Acid
- This product can also help maintain healthy blood pressure
- Has probiotics to convert food to fuel so adults can have the physical energy to still do the activities they love
- Supports Cell Health with 7 key nutrients: Vitamins A, C, E, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, and Manganese
- This product is free of Gluten, Wheat, Dairy, Artificial Flavors, Artificial Sweeteners and Fish Allergens
- Might not be recommended for those who have a hard time taking tablets
- This product contains chromium, discussion with a physician before use is highly required.
- It is not indicated if it is safe for breastfeeding or pregnant women
This product is one of the best multivitamins for women at 50 plus. This multivitamin is designed for women 50 plus who need support with urinary health. It also aids in bone and eye health as well as energy. It is very powerful, meaning it has the entire nutrient diverse vitamin formulated with food-based blends and high-potency B-vitamins to help transform food into energy.
It does not only contain vitamins and minerals but it also has fruits and vegetables for that overall mind and body wellness that adults are looking for. This is surely a well-rounded multivitamin that is a great source of Vitamin D to keep immunity in top shape. Take 1 tablet daily preferably with food.
- It is more than just vitamins and minerals as it also has fruit and vegetable blends with oranges, blueberries, cranberry, organic mushrooms and other leafy greens!
- All of these are conveniently packed in easy to swallow tablets with 80mg per serving.
- It has a great tasting formula-Staying healthy has never been so delicious!
- Nature’s Way incorporates ancient herbal products which also contain probiotics
- Not regulated by FDA. The product’s claims are yet to be regulated by the Food and Drug Administration
- Overdosage can lead to serious health problems so it is recommended to take just 1 tablet daily
Most of the absorption of nutrients we put in our bodies happen in the gut that is why ENZYMEDICA placed emphasis on caring for the digestive system as it does the rest of the body to ensure proper nutrient absorption. With that said, this might just be the best multivitamin for women over 50 with digestive issues. The improved mix of vitamins, minerals, superfoods, and botanicals offer support of heart, brain and bone health with antioxidants. The recommended dosage is 2 capsules twice daily for best results.
- Contains Enzyme Activated Nutrients (EAN) to ensure women get the best absorption with the minerals they take
- Also contains probiotics ensuring easy digestion and enhance the utilization of vitamins and minerals
- This product is allergy friendly, does not contain most allergic ingredients.
- 100% Vegetarian, contains absolutely no fillers
- This product is not yet regulated by the FDA
- It did not indicate if it is suitable for breastfeeding or pregnant women
- Users say the capsules have a smell like that of a vegetable soup, may also have an aftertaste
This multivitamin provides whole-body support for women over 50 with everything they need to thrive daily. Another great aspect of it is that most multivitamins are in big pills but this one comes in mini, easy to swallow tablets that are a great addition to anyone’s morning routine. It is concentrated with superfoods, vegetables, probiotics, and vitamin B-complex for natural energy, healthy digestion, and calcium absorption.
The mini-tablets are packed in 100% recycled PCR bottles and are 100% recyclable too. It is BPA-free and reduces carbon footprint by 92%. Not only is it good for mature adults but also for the protection of the environment as well. It is recommended to take 3 tablets daily.
- EASY-TO-SWALLO mini tablets
- Allergy-friendly. Contains no gluten, milk, wheat, tree nuts, peanuts, egg, fish or shellfish
- Does not need a prior consultation with a physician –can be taken with many prescription medications
- Comes in EcoGuard Bottles
- Contains iron best for premenopausal women
- Contains no artificial colors or flavors, sweeteners, preservatives and other additives
- Approved by FDA
- It is not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition
Why Take Vitamins – Is a Healthy Diet Not Enough?
Nutrient deficiencies are incredibly common all throughout the world, especially for women over 50. It is possible to get all the vitamins and minerals you need from a healthy diet but research shows that even if you have a nutrient-dense diet, women still experience it. Research estimates show 75% of women who are not taking multivitamins are more likely to acquire nutrient deficiencies.
A healthy diet would suffice only if you do not have any underlying condition that concerns your health, and we all know that we are getting more prone to health risks as we get older. Our bodies are naturally getting weak, and this could hinder our body’s ability to acquire the much-needed nutrients from food. The right food supplement will help you cope with these age-related changes. Moreover, the most important vitamins for mature adult women are Vitamin D, Calcium, Magnesium, B Vitamins, Collagen, Omega 3s, Herbal Anti-Inflammatory.
How Do You Find High-Quality Vitamins for Women Over 50?
It is important to research the manufacturer, check the label, look for testing logos and check the dosage. It is also highly recommended to get multivitamins with probiotics to ensure better digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Multivitamins usually contain different minerals, which is why it is mostly recommendable if you aim to maximize your nutrient intake without spending a lot. It is also more convenient than taking different vitamins individually, so make sure to double check the label and see if the nutrients you specifically need are listed. This way, you get to know if the brand actually supplies a good set of nutrients based on your body’s needs.
Important Factors to Keep in Mind
Just like any products, multivitamins to are most potent and safe when fresh, so make it a habit to always check the expiration date. In addition, never miss checking the packaging and seals for any signs of tampering.
Convenience And Consistency AKA 2 C’s
Pharmaceuticals made multivitamins in different forms; they are available in tablet, capsule, liquid, and powder form, each has its own advantages and disadvantages. In choosing the best way to take the multivitamins, you should opt for the form that best suits your lifestyle in order to consistently take the product without compromising your comfort.
We cannot expect the results over time or over a week, so it is still best to take your multivitamins same time every day and avoid skipping a dose. Everything in excess is still bad; overdosing of vitamins can cause problems because they tend to build up over time. The frequency of taking the dose will still rely on the manufacturer’s directions or your doctor’s advice.
What to Expect VS. What’s Not
Headache is the most common initial side effect of multivitamins. Constipation and diarrhea might also occur in the beginning but are mostly temporary. Other multivitamins say those with high mineral contents, may cause weight gain, muscle weakness or limp feeling and even teeth staining. It is advisable to take your multivitamins with food and lots of water as some may cause too much acidity in the stomach or may cause gastric irritation.
Adverse reactions are the negative effects of taking a certain product or medication, therefore, these should not be expected. It can be caused by an allergic reaction, overdosing, drug incompatibilities, misuse or even wrong storage of the product. People who are prone to allergies must be very careful before taking anything. If you experience extreme dizziness, the difficulty of breathing and unusual bleeding, please seek an immediate medical assistance. If you are taking maintenance medications or suffering from chronic illness, never take any multivitamins without doctor’s approval. Some medications are very sensitive that may have counter effects when taken with other medications, or even multivitamins.
The more we age, the more we have to be conscious of everything we take, including the activities that we do, in order to keep our body in the best condition. The health risk is always present, it’s just the matter of how we take good care of ourselves. Be well-informed of the type of multivitamins that would best suit your body’s needs, partnered with a healthy lifestyle, in order to read our body’s fullest potential. And when we say healthy lifestyle, it means a lifestyle that includes proper diet, enough amount of exercise, a happy disposition in life (mental and emotional health) and the right brands of supplements to boost your energy.
Women have a different set of needs, which is why there are multivitamins that are specifically made for them, particularly those who already reached 50. And why are these needs different from men, in particular? It is because women go through a lot of hormonal changes throughout their lives – right from the moment they hit adolescence, experienced pregnancy, and finally reached the menopausal period. These biological changes affect their body as a whole, which is why the help of a good supplement is always a good idea.