Share this Image On Your Site
While many might associate the Paleo diet with other fads, it’s actually modeled after the ancient hunter-gatherer lifestyle. It’s all about consuming whole, natural foods that are found in nature.
Here’s what you need to know about it:
- The Paleo diet is rich in fruits and vegetables, which can be consumed fresh, frozen or steamed. You get an all-you-can-eat free pass on Mother Nature’s bounty – no strings attached!
- Dairy isn’t allowed in the Paleo diet, which makes sense when you consider the growing number of people that have a dairy allergy and the fact that dairy is known to stress out the immune system.
- The Paleo diet encourages a high consumption of animal protein as it’s believed to aid in weight loss.
- Starches are strictly avoided on a Paleo diet. This includes bread, rice, potatoes, and corn. Sweet potatoes and cauliflower are allowed and often utilized as a substitute for starches.
- Processed foods aren’t allowed on a Paleo diet, which means you shouldn’t consume anything that comes pre-packed as it will contain harmful nitrate. That means goodbye to pre-packaged sausages and burgers too!
- Beans, legumes and peanuts are strictly forbidden on a Paleo diet, as are fruit juices.