Share this Image On Your Site
Low carbohydrate diets are blowing up, thanks to their touted benefits of weight loss and promoting longevity.
If you’re interested in successfully implementing a low-carb diet and lifestyle, it’s important to know what foods to exclude or reduce your intake of, such as the following:
- Drinks that are sweetened with sugar are a no-go when you’re on a low-carb diet, as they can increase your risk of type-2 diabetes and obesity.
- Bread is the enemy for anyone on a low-carb diet because it’s high in carbohydrates and low in fiber, which your body needs.
- Fruit juice should also be avoided because unlike regular fruit, it’s unnaturally high in sugar and low in fiber. In some cases, fruit juice can be just as bad as fizzy, sugar-filled drinks.
- It’s better to avoid carb-filled snacks like crackers, bagels and pretzels that aren’t satiating at all. Opt for low-carb and healthy snacks like almonds, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, and peanuts instead.
- Start the day with healthy and low-carb foods that support your diet, like eggs, and avoid deceptive foods like granola which can contain 30 grams of carbohydrates per half-cup serving.