Share this Image On Your Site
It’s doubly important for women to watch their nutrition when pregnant, because you’re now responsible for the nutrition and growth of a new life.
- Weight gain is normal and nothing to fear when pregnant. It’s a sign that your baby is growing and thriving on the nutrients that you’re providing him/her, and a sign of a healthy pregnancy. Besides, you can always lose weight after giving birth by breastfeeding, eating proper nutrition and exercising. Pregnancy is a time to focus on the health and nutrition of the growing fetus.
- Protein is one of the most essential nutrients to consume during pregnancy because it’s responsible for ensuring the proper development of the placenta as well as the baby’s vital organs and tissues.
- It’s important to eat lots of carbohydrates and fiber during pregnancy because they aid in digestion and are vital to providing you and your baby with energy.
- Good fats are vital for your unborn baby because they contribute to healthy brain and eye development.
- Pregnant women must get enough iron and vitamin B12. Iron is a useful mineral that’s responsible for transporting oxygen to the cells, a process that’s essential to life and vitality not only for your vitality but that of your baby as well.