Share this Image On Your Site
Morning sickness is one of the most common symptoms of pregnancy that plagues women, especially during the first trimester. It’s a combination of nausea, lethargy, and loss of appetite.
While there’s no telling if you’ll get morning sickness while pregnant, there’s something you can do about it once you start noticing the symptoms:
- Opt for chilled foods like sorbet because they’re less likely to release a noticeable aroma like hot foods.
- Lemon aroma is a well-known home remedy for morning sickness and all it takes is taking a sniff of some fresh lemon or drinking lemon water.
- Try to eat as soon as you wake up to beat morning sickness before it even starts.
- Consume foods rich in omega 3 fatty acids, such as kale chips or walnuts.
- Instead of eating processed sweet foods, snack on dark chocolate (70% cocoa or higher).
- Load up on complex carbs like whole grains to help you feel satiated and makes waste elimination easier for your intestines.
- Consume foods such as fruits, vegetables, milk, soybeans, and honey. These are rich in XOS which promotes efficient digestion and a healthy colon.