Share this Image On Your Site
Dehydration happens when you end up losing or using more fluids than what you take in. If you’re dehydrated, your body won’t have enough water or fluids to perform its normal functions.
Here are the symptoms and natural treatments for dehydration.
Dehydration Signs and Symptoms
- Dry mouth
- Decreased urination
- Muscle weakness
- Digestive issues
Natural Treatments for Dehydration
- Drink enough water each day
- Eat foods that are hydrating
- Opt for healthy alternatives to plain water
- Hydrate during and after exercising
- Prevent dehydration when feeling sick
What Causes Dehydration?
There are three main types of dehydration:
- Hypotonic or Hyponatremic due to loss of electrolytes, mostly sodium
- Hypotonic or Hyponatremic that’s due to loss of water
- Isotonic that’s due to loss of both electrolytes and water
People Who Are at Risk for Dehydration
Below are people who are at high risk of getting dehydrated:
- Children and infants
- Anyone who is chronically ill
- Those recovering from viruses or surgeries
- Endurance athletes
- People living in high-altitude areas
- Those who live or work in very hot and humid conditions.
- Employees performing highly physical activities at work
- Anyone who tends to sweat a lot or has high fever and follows a poor diet.