Chia seeds are very popular and for good reason. They are a healthy type of seed that’s high in beneficial nutrients and healthy fats.
Here’s why you should add them to your diet:
- Chia seeds have been shown to combat free radicals, thus helping to slow premature aging on the skin.
- When soaked, chia seeds form a gel that provides gut-loving soluble fiber that helps to achieve smooth digestion.
- Chia seeds are a heart-healthy food that has been shown to reduce cholesterol, blood pressure levels, and even reverse inflammation.
- Chia seeds are rich in fiber and linoleic acid, both of which are known to combat metabolic disorders such as diabetes.
- Chia seeds contain boron, which helps the body to metabolize essential nutrients like phosphorous, manganese, and calcium, making it extremely beneficial to bone health and strength.
- Consuming chia seeds can significantly boost your energy and performance levels when working out, according to a study that followed participants that did a 90-minute workout after taking chia seeds.
- Chia seeds are easy to consume; just add them to a smoothie bowl or soak them overnight for delicious chia seed pudding. Yum!