Aromatherapy refers to the practice of alternative medicine that makes use of fragrant and aromatic essential oils that are obtained from a wide variety of therapeutic plants.
Proven Benefits of Aromatherapy
- Promotes Relaxation: Several studies show that certain types of essential oils that are used in aromatherapy, such as chamomile and lavender oil, can help to relieve people of stress. These oils can also help to minimize anxiety and promote relaxation.
- Improve Sleep Quality: Since most of the oils used for aromatherapy can help people to unwind and feel relaxed, these oils can also be useful in making a person sleep easily.
- Treats Respiratory Issues: Research shows that the use of citrus oil in aromatherapy may help to improve immune function and minimize fatigue that could put a person into a depressive state.
- Improves Skin Condition: Diluted essential oils can be applied to the scalp or skin to improve skin health. These oils can minimize dandruff, acne, fungus, and cellulite. They can also help to relieve itchiness and inflammation, as well as bites and rashes. The oils may also help to speed up the healing of wounds.
- Soothes Inflammation and Pain: Certain combinations of different aromatherapy oils can be used to soothe tense muscles, treat achy joints, as well as inflamed tissues due to injuries.