Share this Image On Your Site
There’s no shortage of weight-loss advice and tips on and offline for those looking to lose some extra pounds.
But, not all of it is actually useful so you should definitely learn to separate the wheat from the chaff when filtering this information.
Here are some tips that you should ignore completely:
- Although breakfast is an important meal, you don’t have to eat it first thing in the morning if you’re not hungry.
- Avoid the scale and don’t weigh yourself every day.
- There’s no shortage of juice feast proponents, but starving yourself isn’t the way to go if you want to achieve sustainable weight loss.
- People might also tell you to aim to lose weight slowly instead of aiming for rapid weight loss.
- Cardiovascular exercise is a great way to increase the heart rate, reduce stress and promote health and wellness.
- You’ll find a lot of people advising you to avoid natural fats, but that’s actually not a good idea because your body needs them.
- Another popular tip is to eat every 2 to 3 hours, but there’s no evidence to suggest that this is good for your metabolism or for weight loss.
- Calorie intake is actually an important component to weight loss, as opposed to focusing on a calorie deficit like most people.