Ever heard the saying, “You can never have too much of a good thing?” Turns out that’s not the case when it comes to certain healthy foods.
Here are popular health foods that you should definitely take in moderation:
- Omega 3 and fatty fish oils are good for the brain and can reduce inflammation in the body, while reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Tuna is a fatty fish that’s high in protein and brain-loving fatty acids.
- Cinnamon is an antioxidant-rich spice that has been shown to lower blood pressure while reducing inflammation.
- Nutmeg is another healthy spice that’s often used in tasty treats like puddings, cakes and eggnog.
- Coffee offers numerous benefits, like reducing your risk of developing neurodegenerative diseases, liver disease and Type 2 diabetes.
- Liver and other organ meats can provide essential nutrients like copper, vitamin A, B12 and copper.
- Cruciferous vegetables include broccoli, collard greens, cabbage, kale and Brussel sprouts.
- Brazil nuts are rich in selenium, an essential trace element that can actually be toxic when consumed in high amounts.