Share this Image On Your Site
Kombucha is an ancient fermented tea that has been utilized for thousands of years in Eastern health and philosophy, but initially made its foray into the West via the GT Dave brand in North America.
- Kombucha tea is made from a combination of beneficial sugar, yeast, and bacteria strains that are then added to green or black tea before going through a two-week fermentation process that produces a probiotic-rich concoction.
- The green tea contained in kombucha makes it a great source of antioxidants such as polyphenols. Antioxidants have been shown to protect cell health by protecting them from free radicals and damaging reactive modules.
- During the fermentation process, acetic acid is produced, a substance that’s commonly found in vinegar and is very effective at killing bacteria.
- Research shows that kombucha can reduce heart disease risk by improving HDL and LDL cholesterol markers.
- Thanks to the high amounts of polyphenols and antioxidants contained in kombucha fermented tea, kombucha can help to reduce the risk of many kinds of cancer.
- When made properly, kombucha tea can help to manage Type 2 diabetes, a condition that afflicts over two million people around the world.
Check out more info on kombucha gray hair here