Nowadays, you can’t use the Internet without seeing an advertisement for essential oils and the many natural remedies that you can make with them.
Essential oils are particularly popular during the winter thanks to their ability to ease this very common condition.
- Peppermint oil is popularly used to treat sore throats, mouth inflammation, respiratory infections, sinus infections, cough and the common cold.
- Lemon essential oil is a superstar when it comes to cleansing toxins from the body, and it’s great for purifying the skin, stimulating lymph drainage and energy rejuvenation.
- Oregano oil contains antiviral and anti-fungal properties that help to protect against and alleviate sore throat.
- Eucalyptus oil has been shown to improve respiratory circulation, boost immunity and provide and provide antioxidant protection.
- Clove essential oil provides a double-dose of benefits, like relieving a sore throat and improving the immune system.
- Hyssop oil is an ancient remedy that has been touted by greats like Hippocrates and Galen for its cleansing and inflammation-reducing properties which help to relieve sore throat.
- Thyme oil isn’t the only antimicrobial but contains antioxidants that provide immune support while improving digestion, and respiratory function.
- Not only does it smell sweet and woody, but juniper berry oil is a versatile home remedy that can be used to relieve sore throat, create aromatherapy blends, fragrance sprays and organic, natural household cleaning products.