Apple cider vinegar is a weak acid that’s derived from a blend of yeast and apples. The interaction between these two substances leads to the formulation of apple cider vinegar, which is rich in acetic acid.
Regardless of its benefits, there are some downsides to the consumption of this substance:
- Delay in Stomach Emptying: A delay in stomach emptying consequently leads to an inhibition of a high rise in blood sugar. This effect is caused by apple cider and is usually exploited as a medical solution. However, this effect could also be a downside.
- Digestive Side Effect: Scientific records show that apple cider vinegar facilitates loss of appetite. Because of this, consuming it can lead to significant weight loss.
- Decreased Potassium Level and Bone Loss: Although believed to cause these effects, no significant studies have proved it to be true.
- Tooth Enamel Erosion: Due to its acetic acid content, apple cider vinegar can cause damages to tooth enamel.
- Throat Burn: Apple cider’s acetic acid content has also been revealed to cause throat burns in kids.
- Skin Burn: There have been cases where apple cider vinegar caused skin burn after being applied to the skin. This happens because of its large acid content.
- Drug Interactions: Other medicines can interact adversely with apple cider vinegar. These include:
- Diabetes Meds – Harmful decrease in blood sugar and potassium.
- Some Diuretic Drugs – Reduction in potassium levels when combined with apple cider vinegar.
- Digoxin Lanoxin – Excessive decrease in potassium levels, since Digoxin already works as a potassium level reducer.
Check out more info on apple cider vinegar for phlegm here
Share this Image On Your Site
<p><strong>Please include attribution to Positive Health Wellness with this graphic.</strong><br /><br /><a href=’http://www.positivehealthwellness.com/infographics/7-side-effects-much-apple-cider-vinegar-infographic/’><img src=’https://www.positivehealthwellness.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/side-effects-of-apple-cider-vinegar.png’ alt=’7 Side Effects Of Too Much Apple Cider Vinegar’ width=’540px’ border=’0′ /></a></p>