Diabetes is a rampant disease these days. It’s usually a result of insufficient insulin in the body. For this reason, there’s a dangerously high amount of glucose in the blood.
Here are some popular symptoms found in a diabetic individual:
- Constant Urinating: Constant urination is a symptom observed in people with diabetes. This is usually because their kidneys want to rid their body of as much glucose as possible.
- Thrush/Genital Irritation: Low insulin and dangerously high blood glucose would lead to genital irritation and thrush. Consequently, itching becomes frequent in those parts.
- Thirst: As the kidneys try to remove excess glucose through urination, the body loses a lot of fluids. Hence, the urge or feeling to constantly drink water and stay hydrated.
- Fatigue: Due to the excess amounts of blood glucose, the cells don’t absorb glucose. This in turn leads to a general feeling of weakness and fatigue.
- Reduction in Weight: In a diabetic individual, the body usually turns its focus from burning glucose as fuel to using muscle and fat instead. Consequently, the person shows a drastic reduction in weight.
- Reduced Wound Healing: EPCs are the cells primarily responsible for wound healing. However, diabetes usually causes a decline in the quantity of these cells.
Poor Vision or Blindness: Diabetes can also lead to damaged vision, and in worse cases, blindness.