When people want to increase muscle, they sometimes adopt the use of protein powders. They are protein-packed derivatives of high-protein plants and animals.
There are different protein powders to pick from. These are the top 7:
- Whey Protein: The source of the whey protein powder is milk. In an effort to make cheese from milk, there’s an isolation of curds and removal of a liquid component. Whey protein powder has a large amount of proteins, and also lactose in significant amounts. Lactose intolerant people wouldn’t want this product.
- Casein Protein: Casein is also obtained from milk. What differentiates casein from whey is its digestion speed. The latter digests faster than the former.
- Egg Protein: Another credible source of protein are eggs. Eggs supply large amounts of easily-digested protein.
- Pea Protein: This is a protein powder gotten from the plant source, rather than animals.
- Hemp Protein: This is also gotten from a plant source. There are just trace amounts of THC in this protein powder.
- Brown Rice Protein: Brown rice protein has its own history of being exploited for muscle gain. However, they aren’t the best.
- Mixed Plant Proteins: This is a mixture of various plant-sourced proteins. These mixtures are usually composed of flaxseeds, pea, hemp, chia seeds, artichoke, and brown rice proteins.
For more specificity, these are the best protein powder choices for muscle gain, weight loss, and vegans:
- Muscle Gain: Whey Proteins
- Weight Loss: Casein Proteins
- Vegans: Vegan One All-In-One Nutritional shake | Sun Warrior Raw Plant-Based Protein | MRM Veggie Elite