Share this Image On Your Site
If you’re diabetic, you must know which foods to eat and which ones to avoid.
So, here are the most recommended foods to control diabetes:
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This vinegar has been found to help improve insulin sensitivity. It can also lower the fasting blood sugar level and may reduce the blood sugar response by up to 20% if eaten with foods that contain carbs.
- Broccoli: Broccoli may help to lower insulin levels and protect the body from harmful free radicals.
- Chia Seeds: The viscous fiber found in chia seeds can help to lower your blood sugar by slowing the rate at which the food will pass into your gut.
- Cinnamon: Some studies show that cinnamon may help to lower triglyceride and cholesterol levels.
- Eggs: One study shows that diabetics who consume eggs twice a day as part of a high-protein diet have greatly improved their blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
- Extra Virgin Oil: This oil contains antioxidants known as polyphenols, which help to reduce inflammation and prevent the LDL cholesterol from getting damaged through oxidation.
- Fatty Fish: Sardines, salmon, anchovies, and herring are some of the best sources of Omega 3 fatty acids. Getting enough of these fats is good for diabetics, especially those who are at a high risk of stroke and heart diseases.
- Garlic: Several studies show that garlic can help to minimize inflammation, as well as the blood sugar and LDL cholesterol.