Losing weight isn’t often as easy as it looks. Yes, people will tell you that you only need to reduce calories and work out more.
While in most cases this should be enough to cut a few pounds, it’s often harder in practice than in theory. Besides, lots of people also make very costly mistakes in their weight loss journey.
Well, here are some of the main mistakes to avoid if you want to lose weight successfully:
- Paying too much attention to the scale weight. If you’re working out, you’re bound to gain some muscle mass too. This means you will weigh more but look great.
- Failing to get the calorie balance right. If you eat too many calories, then it’s harder to lose weight. But if your calorie intake is also very low, your body goes into hibernation mode. This means that you’re burning less fat.
- Avoiding strength training like weight lifting in the gym.
- Failing to understand how many calories you burn on a typical day.
- Failing to incorporate enough fiber and enough protein into your diet and just focusing on reducing carbs and increasing fat.
- Setting unrealistic goals that leave you disappointed all the time.
- Not tracking your progress, including what you eat and how much weight you’re losing.