Share this Image On Your Site
When you’re sick, it’s important that you know what foods to eat and which ones to avoid. Below is a list of foods that you should eat while sick.
These foods are loaded with nutrients that can help your body in fighting your illness.
- Chicken Soup: Since the early times, chicken soup has been the go-to remedy for common colds, and that’s for a good reason. The hot soup helps to clear nasal congestion and mucus allowing you to breathe easily.
- Broths: Just like the chicken soup, broths have long been used as a remedy for common colds and flu.
- Garlic: Garlic is one of those spices that are known for its host of health benefits, thanks to its antibacterial, anti-fungal, and antiviral properties.
- Coconut Water: When you’re sick, it’s important that you stay hydrated and drinking enough coconut water is highly recommended when it comes to this.
- Hot Tea: Herbal teas are a great remedy for various symptoms associated with flu and cold.
- Honey: Honey contains antibacterial properties, mainly because of its antimicrobial compounds.
- Ginger: Ginger is known for its anti-nausea effects. It’s also been shown to effectively relieve nausea due to cancer treatment and pregnancy.