Share this Image On Your Site
Nutrition is a hot topic and a highly divisive subject. But, with all the claims that are made out there, here are the hard facts about nutrition which are actually backed by science:
- Low-carb diets have been shown to aid in weight loss.
- Contrary to popular belief, consuming saturated fats doesn’t cause heart disease.
- Green tea and coffee aren’t only two of the most consumed hot beverages in the world, but they’re also quite healthy. Both contain caffeine, which has been shown to improve exercise performance, metabolic rate, mood, and alertness.
- Consuming sugary drinks can lead to weight gain and other health problems.
- Extra virgin olive oil is extremely good for you. That’s because it contains monounsaturated fat known as oleic acid which has been shown to increase levels of good cholesterol (HDL) while lowering triglycerides.
- Eating a diet low in carbohydrates makes it easier to manage Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes by helping to better regulate blood sugar levels.
- Nuts are actually healthy and beneficial to weight loss.
- Ketogenic diets have been proven to control seizures associated with epilepsy.
- Whole grains are much more beneficial than processed grains.
- Fruits and vegetables are good for you.
- Omega 3 fatty acids help to lower triglycerides.
- It’s important to consume adequate calories.