Share this Image On Your Site
We’ve all been taught that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But, what kind of food should you eat for optimal health during breakfast?
Here’s what the experts have to say:
- Eggs are satiating and have been shown to stabilize insulin and blood pressure levels for longer.
- Greek yogurt contains a higher concentration of protein than other types of dairy because it’s made from a combination of whey and curd liquid.
- Coffee is caffeine-rich, making it the perfect pick-me-up to consume in the morning.
- Oats is rich in beta-glucan fiber which has been shown to reduce cholesterol and assist in colon health.
- Chia seeds are highly nutritious and packed with fiber.
- Berries are low in sugar, high in antioxidants and gut-loving fiber.
- Nuts are high in calories, therefore satiating.
- Green tea has been found to be very effective at reducing insulin and blood sugar levels, making it ideal for diabetes sufferers.
- Protein shakes are a convenient breakfast food and there are many protein powders to choose from.
- Fruit is always a good way to break your fast in the morning because potassium, fiber and beneficial vitamins.
- Flax seeds are rich in fiber and have been shown to protect against breast cancer and high blood sugar.
- Cottage cheese is satiating and high in protein.