Wouldn’t you love if the food you ate could do more than nourish your body? What if it could make you look younger?
Could you even imagine getting rid of those wrinkles and darks spots? What about getting rid of dry skin and other common, annoying signs of aging? Well, it can happen.
Yes, there really are foods out there that can help you look younger. In fact, it’s possible to knock 10 years off your life by making some simple and quick changes to your diet.
None of this means cutting out your favorite foods. The aim is to add the good food to your diet to get the extra nutrients. Of course, food isn’t the only way to do it. You’ll need to make sure you get plenty of exercise and water at the same time—but we’ll cover that right at the end!
Here’s a look at five foods that you need to add to your diet on a daily basis to look 10 years younger.
Add Some Watermelon to Your Diet
What to eat to look younger? What if you could gain benefits from eating watermelon? During the hot summer months, this will be all that you want. The great news is that you should get much more of it in your diet.
Watermelons are full of water. That means you’re getting fewer calories and hydrating your body at the same time. By reducing the amount of weight you gain and boost your water intake, you’ll already reduce the signs of aging. You’ll also feel better for it all.
The water will mean that your skin’s elasticity is improved. There’s more collagen production, so fewer dimples, marks, and tears within the skin layers. Those stretch marks and wrinkles are all a thing of the past. You may even be able to improve the look of your stretch marks from previous years by improving the elasticity in your skin.
But that’s not the only way that watermelon will help you. You know the red color? Well, this is a really important factor in helping you look younger. The redness comes from an antioxidant called lycopene. It’s the same antioxidants found in other red foods, like bell peppers and tomatoes, and it’s essential for improving the look of the skin.
Lycopene helps to keep the UV rays from damaging the skin, which means you’re less likely to suffer from sunburn. If your skin is burned, there is less damage overall, especially when it comes to the harmful and cancerous effects of UV rays.
While tomatoes are highly recommended for fighting off aging and protecting the skin, watermelons are better. Researchers have found that they have 40% more of the antioxidants than tomatoes. There’s even an SPF factor of 3 within the fruit, which is more than many other fruits and vegetables out there. So you can boost the effect of your sunscreen.
Watermelon is also refreshing. Not only will you look younger, but you’ll feel years younger, too.
Get More Vitamin C with Pomegranates
What to eat to look younger? Pomegranates are often overlooked in the grocery store. It’s understandable, really. The seeds can be tricky to get out, and not everyone wants to sit there and pick them out with a toothpick at the end of their day. However, it’s time to find a way to get the seeds out to eat on a daily basis.
This fruit isn’t just full of antioxidants—remember, the color and where the red comes from—but also full of vitamin C. Both working together will mean that your immune system gets a boost. All those ailments you’ve been suffering from can be fought against much easier. You’ll feel like you’re a decade younger.
But what about the way that you look? Well, yes, the vitamin C can help with making you look 10 years younger, too. The vitamin C helps to keep wrinkles and fine lines at bay. The antioxidants also help, because they fight against the free radicals within the body. Free radicals cause damaged cells to repair abnormally. Sometimes the cells can clump together and hinder the production of collagen.
This fruit also has ellagic acid, which is a natural chemical and nothing to be worried about. In fact, this type of acid helps to reduce inflammation in the skin that is often caused by UV damage. You can remove the redness and help promote the healing if there is another sun damage.
Pomegranates are also full of anthocyanins, which help with the production of collagen. The more collagen you have, the firmer and more flexible your skin will be. Wrinkles won’t be an issue, along with stretch marks and other negative signs of aging.
Not Just Any Shellfish, but Lobster
What to eat to look younger? Okay, so lobster isn’t going to be something to add to your daily diet, but it is something to include more. This shellfish is the best of the lot, but it just happens to be the most expensive of the lot too.
The benefit of lobster is within the minerals. Unlike other shellfishes, lobster is full of zinc, which is excellent for skin problems. The healing properties in zinc help with the reduction of symptoms of skin ailments like eczema and psoriasis, while helping to reduce acne and other signs of aging. This is because the zinc helps with the renewal of the skin cells, which will naturally die. The problem with aging is that the regeneration of cells can be hindered and slowed down.
When you have lobster with other foods already mentioned, you’re boosting the renewal of skin cells and preventing the cells from turning cancerous, since you’ll get rid of the free radicals in your body.
The renewal of skin cells doesn’t just help with improving the look of wrinkles and fine lines. The cells will help to prevent pores from becoming blocked and can ease the hormonal side effects like acne. Zinc is actually an ingredient in many acne products on the shelves, but you can cut out the need of buying them by getting the shellfish instead.
You’ll want to watch out for shellfish that you consume and make sure that it is fully cooked. There are bacteria present in all types of fish and shellfish, and they can cause food poisoning. If you’re pregnant, you’ll especially want to make sure that the shellfish is cooked to ensure you’re not putting your baby at risk.
Don’t Forget About the Protein in Eggs
What to eat to look younger? It’s not just about getting the right vitamins and minerals. Your diet also needs to include plenty of the first food groups. Too many of us tend to forget about protein, especially if we’re following strict diets for our health or weight loss efforts.
Protein helps with the building of muscles, tendons, and all the other structures holding our bodies together. It’s because of the protein that our bones are supported and that we have the strength to do things on a daily basis. Our nails—fingers and toes—are made up of protein and protein only. It makes sense that we need to get it in our diet to make sure they remain strong.
If you don’t get enough protein, you’ll find that your nails snap and cracks. They can look damaged and old, making the rest of you look and feel old.
The protein will also help with hair and skin cell growth. So, by getting more, you will help to improve your overall look, so you look 10 years younger than you are.
Eggs are one of the best sources of protein. You can get the amino acids from the yolk and the egg whites, so if you want to cut out the calories then you can make strong, egg white omelets to get the food group. If you are pregnant, make sure you have cooked eggs only.
It’s worth trying to get organic eggs as much as possible. Organic don’t have any growth hormones or antibiotics within them, which means they won’t affect your health.
If you’re a vegan, you won’t eat eggs. You can get the protein in other ways. Legumes and whole grains are excellent sources of protein. You should consider various types of beans in your diet, including kidney, white, and black beans.
Use Walnuts to Prevent the Grey Hair
What to eat to look younger? It’s not just the skin and nails that make us look older. As our hair turns grey, we give that appearance that we’re heading into our 50s and 60s. While we can dye our hair, some of us want to keep it natural but make sure it still looks good. Well, this is where certain foods come in.
Walnuts are great for fighting off the grey hair. This is due to the copper within the nuts. The Copper is a mineral commonly forgotten about, and it’s not always easy to find in food. It helps to keep your natural color bright and radiant, whether you’re a brunette, blonde, or even a red-head.
And it’s not just the copper that will help. There are also vitamin E and omega 3 fatty acids in walnuts. These two nutrients help to keep the hair strong, so while they look their natural color they also look shiny and sleek.
Your hair will look full, which helps to get rid of one sign of aging. After all, admit it that you’re worried about your hair falling out.
You only need a quarter of a cup full of walnuts to take advantage of this health benefit. You can also get many of the same nutrients from other nuts, including almonds and chestnuts. You could even opt for the legume peanut to get plenty of omega 3 fatty acids and protein to help strengthen and thicken your hair.
It’s Not All About Your Diet
What to eat to look younger? While you’re focusing on your diet, you will also need to make sure that you focus on other ways to keep your hair, skin, and nails looking better. With the right lifestyle, you can look a decade or younger than you are.
Let’s start with exercise. This is an essential part of your lifestyle. Experts recommend that you should get 30 minutes of moderate exercise five times a week. This is the same as 150 minutes a week, which you can split up in other ways if you find it easier. If you’re going to do high-intensity workouts, then you will get away with 75 minutes of exercise a week. For those who want to lose weight, you’ll want to double the amount of exercise you do to help with the burning of calories.
You don’t need to get to the gym or start taking up running. There are all sorts of ways that you can exercise, so you enjoy it. This is the best way to keep it up.
Exercising regularly won’t just help to control your weight. It gets the blood pumping around the body, which means the skin gets more.You’ll find that your skin looks pinker and the collagen levels are supporter. The exercise also builds the muscles, so you’ll tone your shape and help to eliminate some of the wrinkles and fine lines.
Another important part of your lifestyle is to get more water. We’ve already looked at how hydration helps to make you look younger. You can’t rely on it all from your food. Make sure you get around eight glasses of water a day at a bare minimum.
Are You Ready to Look 10 Years Younger?
What to eat to look younger? Now it’s all up to you. By including the above five foods in your diet daily, you will improve the way your skin, nails, and hair all look. Okay, so some of the foods can’t be included daily, but you should get them more.
Get the right levels of zinc, copper, omega 3, and protein in your diet. Make sure you get the vitamin C and antioxidants. When they all work together, your body will fight off the free radicals, support the regrowth of cells, and keep your face and body looking younger than ever before.
What to eat to look younger?
1. What to eat to look younger: Never Ever skip breakfast. If you want to maximize your fitness results or fat-loss efforts, you’ve got to eat breakfast to look younger. Even if you don’t exercise at all – breakfast remains the most important meal of the day. What to eat to look younger: Your breakfast should contain complete proteins and complex carbohydrates What to eat to look younger, a great breakfast is oatmeal not the pre-packaged, pre-sweetened kind) with a little honey and banana and a protein drink. Or try scrambled egg whites with turkey bacon as it's what to eat to look younger.
2. What to eat to look younger: Set exercise appointments with yourself. Use your day-timer to set appointments for exercise – and then stick to them. What to eat to look younger: When you have money invested know what eat to look younger, and someone waiting for you to show up – you are much more likely to actually show up.What to eat to look younger.
3. What to eat to look younger: Eat regularly throughout the day. What to eat to look younger: Fasting or overly restrictive diets will enable you to lose weight – in the short run. What to eat to look younger.Because the weight you lose is primarily water weight and lean muscle tone. What to eat to look younger. But in the long-run it has exactly the opposite effect you want and what to eat to look younger. When you restrict your diet, your body instinctively thinks it’s being starved and shifts into a protective mode by storing fat. What to eat to look younger. Your body’s energy expenditures will be fueled by your lean muscles causing your body fat to remain essentially the same while you lose vital fluids and muscle. What to eat to look younger. What to eat to look younger: The less muscle you have, the slower your metabolism becomes, and the less fat you burn. What to eat to look younger? You should be eating three nutritionally balanced meals each day, and you should have at least one or two healthy snacks. What to eat to look younger? Avoid fried and processed foods at all cost – talk about dead calories! what to eat to look younger?Here’s a good rule of thumb: What to eat to look younger? make sure that you are consistently “grazing” on health foods about every three hours. This includes at least half a gallon of fresh water every day. This keeps your metabolic furnace firing, so you burn more at a faster rate and it's what to eat to look younger.
4. What to eat to look younger? Remember the benefits of resistance training. Remember that feeling of euphoria you experienced after a particularly good workout? What to eat to look younger: You experienced that feeling because the most powerful “feel good” drug in the world – endorphins – are coursing through your veins. What to eat to look younger. It will fuel your motivation on those inevitable days when you just don’t feel like exercising. Additionally, exercising with resistance has tremendous benefits for your metabolism and What to eat to look younger.
5. What to eat to look younger? Always stretch and be careful what to eat to look younger. What to eat to look younger. Stretching improves flexibility, blood flow, muscle recovery, low back pain and a host of other things. What to eat to look younger.