Growing older brings many physical changes, one of which is hair loss. While this change is commonly associated with men, numerous cases have also been noted in women, too. This brings us to some very basic yet important questions: Is hair loss preventable? And, if it has occurred already, can something be done about it?How to reverse hair loss?
Before we get an answer to the three questions above, it is important to establish the fact that losing one’s hair can be caused by various things. Genetics, stress, life events, certain medical conditions or effects of prescription drugs, products or external stimuli are just a few of them.
While there are many causes, one of the main reasons for hair loss among men and women is due to Androgenic Alopecia.
What is Androgenic Alopecia?
Androgenic Alopecia is a hair loss condition that is caused by how your body (or your hair follicles, specifically) reacts to dihydrotestosterone or DHT. This hormone is present in everybody; however, there are individuals who are genetically predisposed to have hair follicles that are sensitive to it. This sensitivity leads to a reaction where the follicles shrink, reducing blood flow to the area and thereby causing hair to fall out.
What are the common causes of hair loss?
Until now, science still hasn’t completely explained the main reason for hair loss. However, there are several correlations that seem to increase the likelihood of the condition. These include the following:
- Genetics – Perhaps the biggest determining factor for your chances of losing hair, as explained above. If you have family members with obvious hair loss, you are more likely to suffer from it as well.
- Stress – Stress can be one of the biggest triggers for premature hair loss due to the imbalance of hormones it causes. Anxiety can also cause hair loss. Hair loss can also be due to other life factors such as illness, mental conditions, poor diet and pregnancy too.
- Estrogen Levels – Another factor for men is your estrogen levels in your body. There is evidence that high estrogen levels may also cause an increase in DHT levels in the body since DHT prevents feminization and opposes estrogens effects. You could see it has your bodies way of trying to cope with estrogen dominance. DHT creams has been used in studies in Europe as a treatment for BPH in men (benign prostatic hyperplasia), a condition often associated with high estrogen levels. Making sure you get your estrogen levels back in normal range can benefit your hair loss greatly.
- Prescription Medication – some drugs affect the way hair grows by interfering the hair growth cycle. Or, they may also lower certain hormones like testosterone that play a role in hair loss. Other drugs that may cause hair loss include those that contain retinoids, drugs that suppress the immune system, hormone replacement therapy and thyroid medication, among others.
- Health conditions – Some conditions, such as autoimmune diseases, scalp infections and skin disorders may also cause hair loss among men and women.
Combat your hair loss with these 5 treatments…
If you have started to experience some degree of hair loss, you may want to jump right into treating it by buying hair loss products. Before doing so, it is important to pinpoint the most probable cause. How to reverse hair loss? While most cases may really be genetic (or the way your follicles react to DHT), it would also be a good idea to rule out other factors such as any medication you’re taking or other underlying health conditions, which you can deal with specifically.We also recommend this Anti-Dandruff Shampoo.
For Androgenic Alopecia related hair loss (most common reason in men), here are our recommended effective treatments that we think both ladies and gents should consider:
Ketoconazole – Originally formulated as an anti-fungal treatment, Ketoconazole has powerful anti-androgenic properties in the scalp. It works by binding itself to androgen receptors in your follicle, preventing DHT from causing follicle shrinkage. Aside from that, it also combats hair loss due to skin conditions caused by fungal infection. A good product for men you can find it here.
2. Minoxidil – Minoxidil does not prevent hair from falling out or stops DHT from interacting with your follicles. What it does, however, is promote nitric oxide synthesis and increase blood flow to your follicles. Minoxidil solution is a vasodilator that means it promotes the dilation of blood vessels. It is possible that Minoxidil dilates blood vessels in the scalp, which can subsequently improve the hair follicle function and stimulate the scalps hair growth. Minoxidil is readily available over the counter at most drugstores. Carnitine is also an interesting option to Minoxidil that can work in a similar way to promote hair growth. We also recommend this hair growth vitamins at best price here.
3. Spironolactone – Originally created to treat hypertension, this works similarly to ketoconazole by binding itself to androgen receptors in the follicle and preventing the negative effects of DHT. Spironolactone is available in topical form, and is best used in this form, since taking it orally may have strong feminizing effects in men.
4. Soy Isoflavones – Soy Isoflavones can be defined as polyphenolic compounds that are capable of exerting oestrogen-like effects. So why are they good for hair loss treatment? They are particularly good for hair loss treatments because soy isoflavones can effectively reduce DHT in humans. About 60 mg of soy isoflavones daily-reduced serum DHT in healthy young men by 15% in a recent experiment. You can supplement effectively with soy isoflavones in tablet or capsule forms and they are usually easy to purchase from any herbal remedy store. This particular method of hair loss treatment appears to be very efficient in promoting actual new hair growth so it is definitely worth a try.
5. Essential oils – Sometimes nature can provide you with all the answers when it comes to hair growth. Two nourishing essential oils you should try include is rosemary and Cedarwood oil. Firstly rosemary oil is thought to increase cellular metabolism thus stimulating hair growth, which is why it's been used for centuries to enhance hair growth naturally and also help to thicken the hair. Cedarwood essential oil is also another age-old remedy that can help stimulate the hair follicles by increasing circulation to the scalp. These two essential oils are not only excellent for hair growth they are also great for boosting the health of your scalp. Massaged into your scalp until your fingers ache will also boost circulation to your scalp encouraging skin renewal. A healthy scalp means, healthy, flake free hair that may reverse hair loss.
The above five treatments are a healthy mixture of natural and over the counter treatments for hair and are amongst the best treatments you can get your hands on today. We don’t recommend decreasing DHT systemically by using medications such as Finasteride since it can have permanent side effects in men. DHT is actually needed for healthy libido and mental health, we just want less of it in our scalps. Aside from these medications, there are also more natural alternative treatments that you might want to consider such as capsaicin and raspberry ketones to reverse hair loss. Capsaicin (chili pepper extract) stimulates blood flow to the follicles, while raspberry ketones are known to increase “IGF-1” through sensory nerve action. Researchers believe that these natural extracts are of medical value in the treatment of aging skin and preventing or even curing baldness for some people.
Enhance all treatments with a scalp massage
How to reverse hair loss with scalm massages. Have you ever been to the hairdressers or beauty salon and seen a scalp or Indian head massage on offer? This isn’t just another add-on, this treatment is offered for its effectiveness in promoting hair growth and a healthy scalp. A properly done scalp massage, one where it is done with ample pressure and circular movements can increase blood circulation to the hair follicles on your head conditioning the scalp and boosting the strength of the hair roots. At the same time, it can increase relaxation and decrease stress levels, which is of great benefit because stress can be a main factor of hair loss. Massaging your scalp with jojoba oil is also an excellent treatment to enhance the skin health of your scalp and how to reverse hair loss. If you suffer from a dry, scaly scalp then using jojoba oil can help mimic your scalps natural oils leaving it feeling revived, healthy and smooth.
What’s the best treatment?
While we have lined up some of the most effective treatments for hair loss or how to reverse hair loss, there is really no “best” single treatment out there. This is not to say that the ones mentioned above don’t work, but that they can actually all be used together to create a potent and effective treatment method.
To address and how to reverse hair loss effectively, you would want to use a therapy that targets the effect of DHT on the scalp, in the form of spironolactone and ketoconazole and then follow up with Minoxidil, carnitine or capsaicin to boost blood flow and promote hair growth once more. Or, if you’re a bit wary about pharmaceutical products, you might consider alternative treatments such as Soy isoflavones and scalp massage which can produce similar effects in the long term. Whichever you choose, all the mentioned treatments are proven to help fight your hair loss.
About the Author
Alex Eriksson is the founder of Anabolic Health, a men’s health blog dedicated to provide honest and research backed advice for maintaining optimal male hormonal health. Anabolic Health aspires to become a trusted resource where men can come and learn how to fix their hormonal problems naturally, without pharmaceuticals. Check out www.anabolichealth.com to learn more about Alex and his work.
Juicing is a method of extracting the juice from fruit and vegetables leaving only a pulp behind. The extracted juice is chock full of vitamins and other nutrients that provide great health benefits for the body and is how to reverse hair loss. Obviously, drinking fresh juice from fruit and vegetables is a very good for you and is how to reverse hair loss. “So, what are the health benefits of juicing” you may ask? This article answers that question.
To begin with how to reverse hair loss by juicing, this enables the body to absorb more nutrients from fruits and vegetables. Compare this with the amount of nutrients the body will absorb from eating solid fruit or vegetables and the difference is clear.
Fresh juice also provides the body with an easy way of receiving vital enzymes that are in the raw food. Normally, during cooking or heating, produce is exposed to heat, which destroys some of the enzymes. This does not happen during the juicing process, which helps to preserve these enzymes in their natural state.
Drinking juiced fruit and vegetables on a regular basis can also help to raise the metabolic rate of the bodyand is how to reverse hair loss . For anyone on a diet, this is good news. When the metabolic rate is raised the body burns more calories, which is good news for all reverse dieters who are trying to lose weight and how to reverse hair loss.
Consuming the juice from fruit and vegetables is also good for anyone who wants to slow the aging process and is also one way on how to reverse hair loss. This is due to the amount of antioxidants that are in the juice. These antioxidants fight the aging effects of free radicals on the skin. Regularly drinking juice helps improve the condition of the skin, reduces wrinkles, and keeps you looking younger as well as how to reverse hair loss.
Juice is also good for some people who suffer from depression. Juicing provides a concentrated boost of vital minerals, phytochemicals, and other nutrients which can help fight depression, depression can cause hair loss so juicing regularly is one way on how to reverse hair loss.
In conclusion, you can see that juicing provides health benefits for just about everyone, both young and old especially on how to reverse hair loss. This is why so many people around the globe enjoy making their own juice these days so they can know reverse hair loss. Of course, besides the improved health and reverses hair loss, for many people the best thing about drinking fresh juice is that it is delicious, and tastes so good.
Health Benefits of Malunggay and how to reverse hair loss( Moringa Oleifera )
Malunggay – The very famous herbal & multi-purpose tree in the Philippines (its scientific name is Moringa Oleifera), once considered “the poor man’s veggie,” has been touted as a “miracle tree” or “nature’s medicine cabinet” by scientists and health care workers from around the world as well as one way on how to reverse hair loss.
Here are some very useful information with the health benefits of the Malunggay/ how to reverse hair loss
* The leaves helps strengthens the immune system and is one way on how to reverse hair loss.
* It can help restores skin condition, or one way on how to reverse hair loss, controls blood pressure, relieves headaches and migraines.
* The tea can help strengthen the eye muscles.
* Tea can help heal inflammation of the joints and tendons.
* Tea can prevent intestinal worms.
* It can help increase semen count.
* It also help normalize blood sugar level therefore reverse preventing diabetes and reversing hair loss.
* It has has anti-cancer compounds (phytochemicals) that help stop the growth of cancer cells and is how to reverse hair loss
* It helps relax and promotes good night sleep and how to reverse hair loss.
*The tea is used to treat fever and asthma and how to reverse hair loss.
* It help heals ulcers and how to reverse hair loss.
* It is high in calcium (four times the calcium in milk), therefore lactating mothers are advised to consume malunggay leaves to produce more milk for their babies. The young malunggay leaves are also boiled and taken as tea is how to reverse hair loss.
* It contains three times the potassium in bananas which is how to reverse hair loss.
* Malunggay contain four times the vitamin A in carrots and how to reverse hair loss.
* An ounce of malunggay has the same Vitamin C content as seven oranges and is how to reverse hair loss.
* Malunggay leaves contain two times the protein in milk how to reverse hair loss.
* Malunggay seed is used to clean dirty or polluted water plus how to reverse hair loss.